This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mrunal Mathuria. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Dear PM Modi, Can You Answer These 13 Questions In Your Next Mann Ki Baat?

More from Mrunal Mathuria

To
The PMO
Shri Narendra Damodar Modi
South Block 
Raisina Hill
New Delhi – 110011.
Date: November 13, 2017

Respected Sir,

As a noble Indian citizen, I would like to share my concerns with you. I would also feel satisfied if you could address them at the earliest.

There is this one thing that I don’t understand about the RSS’ and the BJP’s ideologies and thought processes behind prioritising issues. Since I was born in 1995, I don’t get how you expect me to support you for solving the problems of the 1950s and still fight over them, even though I wasn’t even born then? I am a part of this democracy – and I want to contribute to solving problems which we Indians face on the ground, and not win a debate on who won or ditched us in the past.

We are not one of those ‘poor Indians’ who are exploited by your propaganda of diverting people’s attention from core issues on mainstream and social media. We are not one of those who will daydream about India’s glory abroad, while the situation on ground is only worsening and nothing’s being done about it.

We agree that the Congress was corrupt and that the nation gave you a chance. It is equally fair for you to say that you should be given a fair amount of time to be judged for your actions – as compared to the 60 years of the Congress. But at least be brave enough and accept that you have committed some serious and crucial mistakes in administration, rather than being staunch about it and forcibly justifying them. By singing laurels on media and crushing the criticism, you are proving yourselves to be a serious threat to our democracy.

Dear PM Modi, your claims don’t matter to me at all if you aren’t able to answer these questions which have been troubling me.

According to human psychology, there can be two possible reasons for your actions. Either you are trying really hard – and that is why you are too scared to apologise for your actions, assuming that you won’t be forgiven by Indians, or you are serving vested interests by trying to manipulate people and crushing internal criticisms.

Whatever the reason might be, you and God are the best judge for your actions. If you are a firm follower of Hinduism, you may possibly imagine the result of your actions as described in the third adhyay (chapter) of the Bhagwad Gita, in which Krishna says:

“One who restrains the senses and organs of action, but whose mind dwells on sense objects, certainly deludes himself and is called a pretender.

On the other hand, he who controls the senses by the mind and engages his active organs in works of devotion, without attachment, is by far superior.

Perform your prescribed duty, for action is better than inaction.

One who is, however, taking pleasure in the self, who is illumined in the self, who rejoices in and is satisfied with the self only, fully satiated – for him, there is no duty.

As the ignorant perform their duties with attachment to results, similarly the learned may also act, but without attachment, for the sake of leading people on the right path.

Let not the wise disrupt the minds of the ignorant who are attached to fruitive action. They should not be encouraged to refrain from work, but to engage in work in the spirit of devotion.

One who is in knowledge of the Absolute Truth, O mighty-armed, does not engage himself in the senses and sense gratification, knowing well the differences between work in devotion and work for fruitive results.

Therefore, O Arjuna, surrendering all your works unto Me, with mind intent on Me, and without desire for gain and free from egoism and lethargy, fight.

Those who, out of envy, disregard these teachings and do not practice them regularly, are to be considered bereft of all knowledge, befooled, and doomed to ignorance and bondage.”

So, leaving the question to your judgement and consciousness, I am eagerly waiting for your reply to any of my foremost concerns.

1. The path on which you are leading us – where do you see India in the next five years?

2. Why are you silent over your followers celebrating Gauri Lankesh’s murder? 

3. ‎Why are your critics facing threats to their lives?

4. ‎Why are the farmers angry even when you have supposedly implemented various schemes for their benefit?

5. ‎Why isn’t the ease of doing business creating new business opportunities?

6. ‎Why are there so many unskilled Indians even after the initiation of Skill India?

7. ‎Why is the condition of government schools and hospitals not improving?

8. ‎Why are many middle-scale and small-scale businesses running cold or shutting down? 

9. ‎What is the mantra behind Ambani, Adani, Jay Shah and Baba Ramdev achieving tremendous profits?

10. ‎Why are we taking a loan from Japan for the bullet train project, even though black money was recovered by demonetisation?

11. Why are people still unemployed even after you have allegedly created 7 crore jobs?

12. ‎Why are people still defecating along railway tracks even when parts of India have become open-defecation free, by your own admission?

13. ‎What, according to you, is nationalism – and how should I show my love towards the country?

I hope (and believe) that I can admire your humble and responsible gesture, by reading your reply at the earliest.

Your noble Indian citizen,
Mrunal Mathuria
mathuriamrunal@gmail.com
+919967324164

The author is young social activist from Mumbai who wants to get his concerns addressed by PM Modi.

More from Mrunal Mathuria

By Accountability Initiative

By Suneel

By Bashiruddin Faruki