A Mumbaikhar at heart following my dream in Delhi. Its been an eventful 2 years and 2 months.
A civil service aspirant failing prelims four times 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
I’m sure according to the rules of society and the opinion of any so called sane individual. ‘ What the hell are you doing with your life, forget UPSC. Move on.’
But unfortunately those sane individuals ie my parents and closest friends, encouraged me to not give up.
Now kahani Mein twist,
The failures broke me completely. I got into a deep stage of depression. I was extremely worried about the future. This was ruining all my relationships. I used to feel worthless and an useless. At one point I even accepted my fate.
After days and nights of misery I rang up my best friend and ranted to her the horrible condition I was in. After hearing me out patiently she said just two words ‘Steffi Practice Gratefulness’
At first I didn’t understand what she meant. She explained to me that I needed to be thankful for everything I presently have. Which is as follows
1) A good job, boss, colleagues and not to mention salary
2) Wonderful people who I call my bestest friends
3) 2 crazy adorable pets Tom and Jerry
4) A great hostel and some really sweet roommates
5) A family that supports everything I do and plan on doing in the future
6) 2 attempts to UPSC and age by my side
7) Pink frame of health
8) A chance of travelling the world through my work
9) The chance of studying different courses
10) Lastly the opportunity to continue dreaming and living the way I went to.
So that’s a lot to be grateful for.