This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Jeremy Chew. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Ranking Malaysia’s TOP FIVE Fashion & Cosmetics E-Commerce

More from Jeremy Chew

According to The Star Online, Malaysia is one of the most advanced regions in Southeast Asia with the biggest potential in e-commerce. Because of well-established infrastructure in logistics, flexible payment facilities, high-speed internet, and high-percentage of smartphone users, the country is booming with online sellers both big and small. Moreover, support from the government is also helping many of these e-commerce sites. BMI Research even predicted the market to grow to as much as USD$3.8 million in 2017 alone. These promising numbers are driving entrepreneurs, investors, and business owners to establish their own e-commerce platform to get ahead of the game.

A study by one of the biggest players in e-commerce 11street.my, approximately 7 million Malaysians shop online. Shoppu – another key player in the industry, published e-commerce insights in 2016 and did a census of 3,700 participants. 72% of the 3,700 people who participated are female with fashion, home, and beauty being the top categories of interests. This goes to show you that a lot of women are shopping online when it comes to clothes, shoes, cosmetics, and several other interests.

With this information, it is no doubt that online stores designed to cater to the female market would find success in their field. However, there’s more to it than meets the eye. On this list, we are doing a breakdown on Malaysia’s top five fashion and beauty stores, and why are they a favorite.

Hermo

If you love to shop online for the latest beauty products, then you would know about Hermo. Established in June 2012, Hermo has been on the forefronts of the online beauty category by providing customers an excellent selection of 100% authentic products, fast shipping, and the lowest prices. The store name comes from the Spanish word “hermosa” which means “beautiful”. With Hermo, you can gain access to the biggest brands in the U.S., Korea, Taiwan, and Japan ranging from categories such as skin care, hair care, body care, fragrances, and more!

Why We Love Them

● Hermo has a 14-day unconditional refund program that lets you return items if you are not satisfied with what you received.

● You only need two items to get FREE SHIPPING and have then express delivered to your doorstep!

● Customers can leave reviews of products they have purchased from the store. When you shop, you can simply read through these reviews and help with your decision-making.

● You can also sign up for a membership and get points for bigger discounts on your orders!

Fashion Valet

If fashion is your passion, Fashion Valet is the store you should know about. For 10 years, Fashion Valet has become a staple in online shopping, particularly when it comes to clothing, accessories, bags, shoes, and even beauty products for women, and for men. The best thing about Fashion Valet is that the store carries local names and creations from home-grown designers. Catering to Malaysian women, the online store makes it easier for Muslim women to get access to the latest modest fashion trends.

Why We Love Them

● Fashion Valet caters to local brands and designers.

● Aside from fashion, Fashion Valet also has a beauty category that gives you a selection of makeup, skin care, body care, hair and nail care, and so much more!

● Fashion Valet has its own fashion editorial that lets customers in on the latest trends and gain fashion inspiration from local fashion scene.

● The store features fun and creative styles that would fit any Malaysian woman’s taste.

Zalora

Another popular name in online fashion, Zalora is one of the strongest players in this category. Established in 2012, it has become the fastest growing online store in the country, carrying the biggest brands such as Nike, Adidas, Dorothy Perkins, and more. At Zalora, you will be able to shop from a vast selection of clothing, shoes, bags, accessories, and even beauty products easily. Aside from that, the online store also released their own collection which features stylish, and affordable fashion items, not only for women, but also for men.

Why We Love Them

● Zalora carries big brands including Adidas, Abercombie and Fitch, BOSS, Carlo Rino, Fossil, Keds, Mango, Something Borrowed, and so much more!

● Aside from big brands, Zalora also caters to local designers, as well as Muslimah fashion.

● Zalora has Cash on Delivery or COD which allows customers to pay for their items once it arrives to their doorstep.

● FREE SHIPPING is also entitled for customers who purchase RM75 and above.

● If you are unsatisfied with your order, you can return them within a 30-day window.

● New coupons, discounts, and sales almost every week!

Sally Fashion

If you are looking for affordable ways to stay fashionable, then Sally Fashion is the perfect online store for you. Sally Fashion specializes in affordable, ready-to-wear clothing and accessories that you’d never thought you could have with a limited budget. Fast shipping, excellent customer service, and big sales are some of the many reasons why women just can’t get enough of Sally Fashion.

Why We Love Them

● Sally Fashion has new items every 30 minutes!

● You can get fashion items at the lowest market price from Sally Fashion.

● If you order two items, you are entitled to a FREE DELIVERY for orders in West Malaysia.

● The store has a live chat feature that allows you to get in touch with a customer service representative in real time for information about your order from 9am to 1am.

● Read reviews about items you want to purchase with new reviews from different users everyday!

Althea

The rising star in beauty and cosmetics, Althea is a fan favorite because of its extraordinarily low prices and extensive selection of the biggest Korean beauty brands. Althea was first established in June 2015 and has since then become a staple for many Malaysian consumers. Driven by the popularity of KPOP in the country, Althea provides exclusive Korean beauty and skin care straight from Korea.

Why We Love Them

● Althea provides the lowest market prices when it comes to Korean beauty products.

● Get 100% authentic products, partnering directly with brands.

● And, if you’re unsatisfied, you can freely return them within 30 days.

● If your order exceeds RM99, you are entitled for FREE SHIPPING anywhere in Malaysia.

● If you order more than one item, Althea bundles all your items together so that you don’t have to wait for them one by one.

● Althea also has a monthly beauty box filled with new and exciting products every month!

Everyday, more and more women are shopping online giving the right opportunity for these e-commerce sites to flourish. However, the market is not the only reason why these online stores are so successful in their field. By creating a customer-centered platform unique to each site, many Malaysian women are opting to shop online.

***

Written by Jeremy Chew from iPrice Group. For the best coupons and discounts on tech gadgets, check out these deals by Lazada and Zalora. Planning for your next getaway? Here are amazing deals by Hotels.comAgoda & Expedia.

More from Jeremy Chew

By Tanish Agarwal

By Jaidev Malik

By Fatem