The untold story

Posted by joshiya joseph
November 4, 2017

I am a MSW student researcher who has taken up Rehabilitation of Leprosy as my Research topic. When I speak to individuals about Leprosy, many  have asked me one same question. Does Leprosy still exist? I go ahead explaining to them about the gruesome truth that there are many person’s affected with Leprosy even today. Fortunately, some are blessed to be under the love and shade of missionary sisters and others who have lived their life like a ‘Candle’ which burns itself but give others light. What about many other leprosy patients who have none coming to their rescue?My heart aches while listening to their life stories. For the afflicted, ‘Leprosy’ is God’s punishment and a lifelong spell of curse. More than deformities, its the society that has handicapped them negligently. Their existence is yet to be unveiled.  It’s unfortunate that they are deprived from their fundamental right- The right to live a dignified life!