This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Pushpendra Malav. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why should you join PGDBF program for banking job?

Dear Aspirants,

Wants to grab a job in the banking sector?

This article is about recruitment process in the banking through the collaboration of banks and various universities through PGDBF course.

Public sector banks came up with the new admission process called Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF). It is a recruitment program in which candidates go through the training by banking and financial universities or institutes associated with the individual banks.

IBPS recruits candidates through various exams like IBPS PO, IBPS SO, clerks and RRB officers for various banks. But other than IBPS exam, banks also recruits candidates through PGDBF program.

I hope you are already aware of IBPS PO job profile, here we are going to discuss the PGDBF course for the banking sector.

What is The PGDBF Program?

Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance is a course run by Manipal University, Amity University, NIBF and other Banking & Financial Institutes associates with various public-sector banks.

Many public-sector banks have tied up with the banking and financial institutes to train the candidates in various banking areas and to make them eligible for the probationary officer.

Nowadays ICICI, HDFC, Syndicate, IDBI, Bank of Baroda and other banks offer a PGDBF course. In this course, one goes through the one-year training (9 months study & 3 months internship) to increase the banking & management skills, and leadership development.

Why Choose PGDBF Program?

Large no. of candidates apply for banking jobs through the IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk and other upcoming bank exams, but not many candidates are aware of PGDBF program.

Some who heard about PGDBF course, remain in a dilemma if they should apply for it or not. Here we are going to share some facts about the PGDBF program that why should you join the PGDBF courses:

PGDBF Provides Advance Training:

Candidates go through the one-year training where they become familiar with the banking environment and learn how to grow the banking business. This training helps candidates as well as banks in growth perspective.

PGDBF Gives More Chances to Get Selected:

In IBPS or SBI exams, large no. of candidates appears every year while vacancy is decreasing. Thus, there is a lot of competition while in PGDBF program it is not the same.

One can join PGDBF program to get a job in the banking sector as many banks are opting this option to recruit the candidates and less no. of candidates applying for the program comparative to IBPS exam.

PGDBF Solved Time and Money Problem:

Bank provide one-year diploma course for around 3-4 lack (vary for different banks) while if one goes for the same course individually it will cost him at least 6-10 lack for two years.

It is beneficial for both the candidates and the banks. As banks offer loan to the candidates for on concessional rates, one can pay the EMI after joining the bank while banks don’t need to worry about repayment.

Also, there is the provision of stipend so there is minimal financial Burdon on the candidates.

PGDBF Adds Strength to Your Resume:

It always helps to have an additional qualification. IT gives you an opportunity for extra learning with sure and secure future. There is added one more qualification in your resume which will further help in career growth.

PGDBF Enhance Your Skills:

It improves one’s knowledge and skills in core banking areas like banking products, processes, systems.

Candidates who wants to make in banking sector need to learn the general banking process for banking growth and to serve the customer well.

In the one year training candidates go through the 3 months internship which make you aware of the banking culture and work environment. This program provides both the theoretical and practical knowledge of the banking process.

Should You Join PGDBF Course?

It is very helpful for the banking aspirants to get trained a whole year in the banking environment and acquired banking and management skills.

If you are going for bank job only for temporary or backup for other competition exams purpose, you should not go for it but if you are sure to join bank as permanent career, PGDBF course is one of the good option.

Although there are pros and cons of the PGDBF program, many experts saw PGDBF course as the banking future to the recruitment of the candidates in the banks and financial institute. The reason is, bank gets trained candidates which helps in its’s business growth.

More from Pushpendra Malav

By Rhea Singh