80 to 90 percent of the world’s cinnamon comes from the island country of Sri Lanka. When the Portuguese first arrived in Sri Lanka, they struck a deal with the King for trading the cinnamon of the country. Two most significant landmarks of the city are the two World Trade Centre towers. Dhal Curry is a very famous dish of Sri Lanka. People simply gorge over this delicacy with extreme fondness and sources have also found that only a single breed of dog is found in Colombo! This magical place is vibrant with colours and putting to use, one of the best Sri Lanka honeymoon packages, could guarantee you a mesmerizing journey.
5 romantic places in Sri Lanka are:
- Mirissa: This place shall be awesome for couples for who want a hint a tinge of calmness on their special day while they plunge into the beauty of the beaches and roll their feet in the soft sand. The sunrise and sunset shall fill your soul with happiness and coconut water is a delicacy too. A marvellous date can also be arranged to surprise our special someone and bring a smile on their face. Dolphins can be quite entertaining too. A Bob Marley music fan? Then the surfing at the right side of the beach shall definitely attract you. Enjoy with beach chairs while the sky reflects an array of colours sprayed with pastels of pink and other colours.
- Tangalle: This is the most promising honeymoon spot for couples. It has enchanting resorts and villas cosing inside of beautiful bays and coves. On the other side, lagoons decorated with magical mangroves can be seen and amazingly soft beaches shall win your heart.The sparkling blue waters of the beach hints at a romantic prospect for the couples to regain back the proposal moment. Beaches of Kahandamodara and Rekawa are famous for housing giant turtles that become active at midnight and visit the shore for the purpose of laying eggs.
- Trincomalee: The hot springs of Kenniya is a wonderful sight. Here, deers can be seen exploring beautiful sights without thinking about the rest. It is usually for couples who would like to stay away from the buzzing crowds and enjoy a peaceful intimate walk or soak themselves in the splendid Sun. Visiting sharks, the rock pigeon breeding ground and the beaches full of sand are the highlights of this place. It a silent paradise for the honeymooners.
- Nuwara Eliya: This romantic spot shall render an England-ish feel to the couples by the captivating clubs in the Hillside, the carpets of greenery and the brick houses in red. Trekking, hiking and enjoying the gushing Lover’s Leap fall and Ravana Falls with your beloved shall fill the platter of your journey with tranquillity and happy memories. The culture breathes an air of colonial and visiting factories and tea estates is quite an adventure too.
- Kandy: This place is a must visit for the culture fanatics. Travelling on a honeymoon shall feel incomplete without relishing the beauty of this place. The mesmerizing culture and tradition of this place is worth praising. The months of July and August are when the Kandy Festival shows its true colours of traditional beauty. The last royal capital of Sri Lanka, it is home to the Tooth Relic Of Buddha which is simply captivating. The Kandyan Culture Centre is an entertainment hub where the full fledged Kandyan dancing takes place. Visiting the elephants at The Elephant Orphanage can be a pleasant experience too.
May your honeymoon trip be filled with joy in Sri Lanka!
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.