This Film On A Homosexual Relationship Is An Eye-Opener

City Of Dreams | Jio Filmfare 2018 | Saif Baidya | Shabros Films

“City of Dreams”, a short film directed by Siliguri-based filmmaker Saif Baidya focuses on the homosexual relationship between two friends. Set in northern India, it is taking the internet by storm. The film focuses on the real issues that the LGBTQ community faces these days in India. The film made an official entry to the Jio Filmfare Short Film Awards 2018.

The film is under the banner of Shabros Films and Fashna Fashion and the writer of the film is Bharat Trivedi.

Saif said, “Two months ago I had a concept in my mind which I personally thought would be a good subject to make a short movie on.” Adding further, he said, “Through this movie, I wanted to highlight that it is time for our society to accept same-sex marriages.”

He approached Mr Sandeep, the creative head of Shabros Films to discuss the concept. Fortunately, Sandeep liked it. Writer Bharat Trivedi joined them in penning down the story. Saif told them that it was tough to find a good artist for this so-called sensitive topic.

Aditya Bhattacharya, one of the actors in a movie, in an interview with a Guwahati-based local newspaper said that homosexuality is not even an issue. These things are normal. “We need to eradicate these things from society,” he added.

The movie is a must-watch and is an eye-opener for the society.

_

Image source: YouTube