This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mayukh Chowdhury. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

How Can We Work On Real Issues If We’re Stuck On The Morals Of A Movie?

I believe trance is a moment in our lives that comes around once in a while. It is a phase of complete calmness and stillness while the world continues to function the way it has been. In this phase, one observes everything but is resistant to the change being caused by it.

I didn’t like this phase at first. However, recently, I realised that such phases are necessary for my being. It is not necessary for us to participate actively in every issue of the world. Sometimes, I think it’s better to just let things pass. It actually feels good to just watch the movie being played in front of you.

This state ensures that you become resistant to the unnecessary things being thrown at you. As I mentioned before, I feel that many people don’t understand this state. Often, people feel that they need to keep some issue or the other, burning. Personally, I feel that this isn’t the best approach.

Every day, when I open the newspaper, I read things that absolutely don’t make sense. For instance, political statements that are usually made for political gains, are of no national importance. These statements don’t determine how things were in the past, nor are they useful for the future. They are mere gimmicks to gain attention. They are mere gimmicks to gain attention, and the media is easily lured in. The media reproduces things repeatedly, and shows the same nonsensical news pieces to meet their ends. In the long run, nobody benefits from this.

Currently, there is a huge issue regarding “Padmavati”. There’s nothing new to it. Politicians who have had nothing to do with history, suddenly become guardians of historical Indian kingdoms. It’s all petty politics. There needs to be a bottom-line to everything. Creating hype to gain attention, must not be done.

There are boundaries and one cannot cross them every time, and get away.It’s high time parties and politicians understand that they must hold back their baseless opinions which they spew just for political gains. The administration has been shaky, and the laws of the land have often failed us. In times like these, I think it’s totally okay to sit back. There is no need to dive in and just say something, only to misguide people.

The politics of diversion has always eaten up this country. I don’t really see a solution to it, though.

It’s a very shrewd way to digress from pressing issues by diverting from real problems. Instead of dealing with law and order or agricultural problems, you end up protesting against a movie based on some baseless comments. Fools paradise!

It’s time to stop. For how long will this kind of politics last? India is 70. Children fool parents and it’s a blissful game. There is a sense of achievement that children gain by doing so. It’s an innocent thing. However, as you grow up, everything changes. Fooling others becomes fooling yourself. The world is very well connected now. You don’t display your stupidity to the world at the age of 70!

More from Mayukh Chowdhury

By Debesh Banerjee

By Ungender Legal Advisory

By Juhi Smita