If you have a knack for travelling on your own, or by any chance have a Canada Visa, or are planning to get one for yourself, then this blog is meant for you. Yes, while many of your family members and even friends might suggest you to rather opt for a packaged tour. However, there is an inherent charm of a self-drive that always has and will stand unparalleled.
To begin with, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of a self-drive tour.
- The pace of your tour completely depends on your tastes and preferences.
- You enjoy the complete flexibility of choosing the destinations, you truly wish to explore. In fact, even take the off-the-beaten-track, if you will.
- A car is the only mode of transport that will help you enjoy complete privacy to spend some quality time with your loved ones. Not to mention, the extraordinary level of comfort that the car avails.
- Canada enjoys a brilliant road network and driving on them is nothing less than exhilarating.
- As far as planning is concerned, you can easily take a back seat while all the arrangements are taken care of by your online travel agency. This aspect may include accommodation, travel, food, rental cars and more.
If you’re already making up your mind with respect to this fulfilling sojourn, let us tell you about some of the most exciting destinations that you can make your way through, during your drive.
- Lake Louise – This ‘Jewel of the Rockies’ is nothing less than exemplary. As magnificent as you can probably imagine, the lakeside offers a plethora of activities like cycling, horse riding, and even canoeing,
- Jasper – Lying right in the middle of the exuberant Jasper National Park, this small town brims with an array of bars and shops, making it the perfect stopover for you.
- Whistler village – This cluster of villages offers the nation’s best ski resorts. Now, what could possibly be better than this?
Advice and Tips:
Now that you’re ready to be on the roads, here are some points you must keep in mind.
- Make sure you take the help of a travel agency to plan your routes. Don’t simply rely on online maps.
- Carry your credit card. That’s the only way you’ll be able to hire a car.
- Keep an eye for the numerous sign posts. Your drive will be a breeze if you do so.
- Usually, the number of service stations is not as high as you’d want. Hence, fill up the car as and when possible.
- Gravel roads, not maintained by the government can be fun to ride on. However, when you’re on them you are uninsured.
- It is unlikely that you’ll find a steady mobile network. Hence, it is advisable to carry a satellite phone.
- You will come across some mountain roads on your excursion. Make sure you pick a car with a good engine.
- Choose the right type of vehicle for you – make sure there is adequate boot space and that the engine is going to get you up those mountain roads!
We hope that you now have a clear picture regarding the promising self-drives that Canada offers. So, what are you waiting for? Get your Canada Visa right away!
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.