This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Pillai Vishnu. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

NEET PG Scam 2018: What Is The Future For India’s Doctors If Seats Are Being Bought?

More from Pillai Vishnu

I am a doctor. I completed my MBBS, and have just given NEET PG (MD/MS/DNB/diploma) exams.
There is a lot put into the preparation for such an exam. I started preparing a year ago.

Every day, we are required to slog for a minimum of 10 years for our career. We spend so much money on coaching classes and there are innumerable tests that we need to give. The feeling of being locked in a room, in which your whole world is your table and books – is not the best feeling in the world.

The government is hell-bent on maintaining an artificial competition in medical entrances, so it benefits a few. Our country does need more specialists, which makes me wonder why there are limited number of seats. So we are stuck in this rat race, and the cutthroat competition it has to offer.

Enough cribbing about our routine problems. I am not writing this article for that. The real reason is that soon after the exams, and in some cases even before the exams –  we’ve heard a great deal of misdoings in this time’s NEET PG exam. This was brought out by Vyapam scam whistle-blower, Dr Anand Rai. He also brought out the wrongdoings of the NEET PG exam last year as well.

Personally, I was also receiving messages from a whole lot of people, telling me that they can fix MD/MS seats even before the results could come. And in some cases, even before the tests were conducted.

This is stressful for all those students who have worked hard for the exams. We can no longer be a country where hard work doesn’t pay. We can no longer be a country where money, power and family lineage takes us ahead of deserving and hardworking students.

I know that most of you are not medical students and don’t completely understand our plight. But I’m begging you to empathise with us and spread the word. No government, central or state is even acknowledging that there is a problem. After all, we all are aware of the nexus that exists among politicians, power and money.

These are future specialists, don’t let non-deserving candidates steal seats from someone who deserves it.

These are the future specialists who will treat you. So, it is your problem too. If we want our country to truly prosper, we can’t let this injustice spread.

Help us bring this to the notice of the government. Help us, so that in the future, you get the best treatment, and not some cheat. Help us by signing online petitions. Help us, by letting people know what is happening.

This is a call of help. Don’t let our country be run by cheats. No, not anymore.

1. anarina chanda

I’ll be appearing for NEET UG this year and I know the plight and toil we go through. The situation is so much out in the open but yet it’s of no use. I have seen many students just stride through into medical college even with marks worse than mine. It just makes you want to give up sometimes.

2. amit kumar

Not even a single comment. Every one is busy discussing the matter of supreme court judges. Hey vishnu, even i have given the neet pg exam and as you can see nothing happened last time and nothing will happen this time. We have to suffer and that’s our destiny. Signing online petitions are not going to help as i signed 5-10 petitions last year.

3. Manoj Sindhwani

Yes u are right. I am with you. We all have to join our hands to get solution to this problem.?

4. Banteiskhem Pator

This is really serious matter. I empathise with you. The responsible people should investigate and book the culprits. I dread the day that i will have to consult one such doctors one day. Im a doctor myself. Im glad you bring this up. We’re living in perilous times in India and our fraternity has become the soft targets of all misgivings and criticisms

5. Prashanth Thudi

PG-Medical-MD/MS/MDS Admission 2018-19 in Karnataka and other Medical colleges in India. For admission assistance please call Mr. Satish on 8884325804.MS/MD2018 in low budget for any branch. wherein NO HIDDEN CHARGES+100% SEAT ASSURANCE through NEET COUNSELLING PROCEDURE HAVE STARTED call:9312802022 ASAP.Pre-Admission starts for MD/MS/PG(Diploma) in INDIA 2018-19 Session
    Standard rates are available for only NEET-PG eligible candidates
    Call/w’app:-9805520761

6. Tejbahadur Singh

Where is Modi jis New India…na khaoon ga na khanee doo ga. Let this reach to modi ji for his man ki baat…..

7. Sumit Sao

Vishnu Sir I’ll help you I can understand you because I’m also a medical student we will not let this happens anymore we will aware the people’s

8. Gopinath Kulkarni

It is very true. I am also getting many messages everyday assuring a PG seat and the same contact number. I haven’t explored it but, the fact is that the seats are either sold or reserved there by leaving meritorious students in frustrated.

9. Sakil Khan

I Personaly know a guy who got Radio last year NEET PG. He got his MBBS cleared in 11 yr approx and doesnot know basic anatomy or anything.Radio can u even believe!!!

10. sanjana Rao

I too have received several calls even before giving neet 2018 asking if I was interested in seats in Mumbai or Delhi. It’s very sad to see that there are still loopholes in the system even though there is 1 common exam .

11. Barun Das

Government (we) should identify the notorious person and he should send lifetime imprisonment so that future no one thinks this again.

12. Ananya shankar

I’m not a doctor but yeah I’m a medical aspirant currently in +2.
    I wanted to be a doctor till I’m in standard 2.
    After knowing all this spam
    I really worried about my future
    M I committed a mistake by choosing this field?
    This type of thoughts revolve in my mind.
    Our country faces a severe lack of specialist but still no one take a step against this fraud activities.
    Why it happens with those who compermises their everything to reach this point,their family,their fun,their life everything.
    Our p.m always talk about corruption but never talk about the education system even not the education minister.
    And still wanted every achievement in their credit.
    What a irony?????????

13. Hinal Kanphade

I too keep getting such messages on a daily basis… and i even know some people who have taken admission on this basis…

14. Shreya Patel

We really need such things out of at least this field. If such are the future doctors then it is going to harm not only the deserving students but also the whole economy of India.
    I hope a positive change occurs.

15. Ram Bhattacharjee

Very quality article. You hit the nail right on the head.. spot on

16. Pranay Kondewar

If this is the future of India then India is doomed if not now then in upcoming decade
    Govt should take strict action against all this .frst of all this thing should be confirmed like if this is true n ppl are managing seats or this is just a spam msg to fool the ppl.
    System can’t run by this way

17. Vivek Dawaria

Right sir..please do …we all of with you sir

More from Pillai Vishnu

By Harishchandra Sukhdeve

By ANKIT MISHRA

By अदिति अग्निहोत्री