Posted by Sakshi Srivastava
January 28, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Despite all the hustle by Karni Sena protests & feminists reactions over Padmaavat movie, I personally feel that instead of glorifying Rani Padmavati, Gora Singh and Badal Singh Sonegra could have been made the centre of attraction, if the motive was to showcase golden history of India. During ancient times, women compromised their lives in the name of “Sati Pratha”, then how can being a queen with extraordinary beauty makes her different from a common woman. Value of life can’t be compared. Though such orthodox customs were part of Indian history, instead of glorifying such customs(which have abolished as our country progressed), focus could have been made on valour of the two commanders, who even after being banished by the King, fought for the state till their last breath.