Reward for raising voice

Posted by Rajmita Chakrabarty
January 29, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

I had been once part of an American MNC working as a sales executive.

I was assigned under a manager who always tried to create a problem in managing the day to day activities in routine office work.

As time passed he became more stubborn and tried creating difficulties for me in workplace.

I always tried to solve the problems and get on with my job as major responsibility of my job was handling the projects.

My manager got extremely agitated as I was handling the work smoothly despite the hindrance he tried to create and started assaulting me verbally with sexually tinted remarks.

I protested .Told him to stop this behavior ,let the superior authorities know about the situation.

In the meanwhile I got a good job opportunity in another company and decided to go ahead with the job offer.It was a good position ,more responsibilities.I was happy.

My manager didn’t stop his harassment over there.He started spreading rumors in the entire office that I have not been handling my job competently and I have had an affair with him.

When I tried seeking help from the human resources and other authorities they completely denied supporting me stating the fact that I have not provided any evidence and were reluctant for any discussion.

So as a female employee working for a reputed MNC they chose to support the offender as I had raised my voice while I was leaving the organisation and did not have me the opportunity to raise my voice.