Street Market in Jaipur

Posted by Hitesh Porwal
January 15, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Jaipur has a lot to offer. Mesmerizing sights to see, delightful food to eat, enchanting marketplaces to shop and soul filling things to do. There are yet a lot of things remaining, and for us travellers, it’s always shopping!

Our shopping truly never ends, and when you’re shopping in Jaipur, things get interesting! We bring to you the best street markets in Jaipur!

1. Johari Bazaar- The oldest marketplace in Jaipur, Johari Bazaar is home to an assorted range of semi-precious & precious stones, nakkashi kundals, self designed & handmade earrings and neckpieces and other enchanting jewelry. Do take a stroll here if you want to take home the best of Jaipur’s trademark jewelry.
  2. Tripolia Bazaar- If you’d like to have a taste of the natural, homemade jewelry in true Rajputana style, Tripolia Bazaar is the place to shop. Here you’ll find awesome, striking varieties of pure lac jewelry, bangles and bandhini ties, designer carpets and other traditional wearables and textiles. A must visit for travellers looking for exorbitant textiles and jewelry options.
  3. Chandpole Bazaar- If you’re looking to take home some expertly designed and eye-catchingly gorgeous handicrafts, marble carved dishes and decor items, exquisitely designed Jootis and shoes, flamboyant turbans and wood sculptures; Chandpole Bazaar is the place for you to be. Do try out the exclusive varieties here, and take home some lovely memories!
  4. Kishanpole Market- If you’re an enthusiastic wood sculpture collector, and have an eye for refined wood carvings and souvenirs; you must try out Kishanpole Bazaar. Here, you’ll find lovely art pieces from expertly trained and superbly artistic hands of skilled craftsmen. Do visit and take back some elegant wooden beauties.
  5. Nehru Bazaar- You can find here, the most tempting, elucidate collection of textiles and handicrafts here, though this marketplace is known best for its exquisite, fashionable collection of elegant joothis. Do bargain here, before you splurge some mighty large money on some of these.
  6. Sireh Deroh Bazaar- Located opposite Hawa Mahal, this is a perfect street and window shopping place. Exquisite handicrafts, textiles, joothis and knickknacks are the USP of this market, that offers the most reasonable prices. A must visit for travellers looking to shop on a budget.
  7. Bapu Bazaar- Perhaps the no. 1 marketplace of Jaipur,Bapu Bazaar has everything for everyone. From appealing textiles to beautiful joothis, carpets and exquisitely embroidered shawls and cholis; Bapu Bazaar is a one stop destination for all your Rajasthani shopping blues.
  8. Mirza Ismail Road- The stockplace for pottery display in Jaipur, this roadside market has an extensive collection of beautiful, assorted pots and handmade ghadas and other clay utilities. The pottery style here reflects that of the ancient Rajput period with all the finer intricacies and other details. Do take a walk here and take home some exquisite pots to beautify and add royal luster to, your home.

If you’re awe-struck and are already planning to visit and shop your heart out in Jaipur, we have got you! Ride a HippoCab, Jaipur’s no. 1 intercity cab service,  and make the most of this Jaipur trip!