Why I Am Super Excited To Watch “Padmaavat” This Friday

Posted by Divyanka Agarwal in Culture-Vulture
January 24, 2018

January 25, 2018 is going to be a golden day for the theatres screening “Padmaavat”, in my opinion, because undoubtedly, the show is going to be houseful at least for a week. The tickets are going to be priced high and the enthusiasm of the audience will be at its peak.

When I asked some people why they are interested to see the movie, most of them replied with the same answer, “If there has been so much controversy around it, ek bar to dekhna banta hai (if there’s been so much controversy around it, we must watch it at least once).”

Its sad that the movie has become hyped unnecessarily owing to its controversies, but in reality, it is much more than that.

Firstly, the movie is a magnum opus in true sense – a Sanjay Leela Bhansali film. How can one forget the grandeur of “Ram-Leela”, “Devdas” and “Bajirao Mastani”. If not for the concept or the story, for the sets, costumes and location, this movie should be a must-see.

Secondly, we have three of the most charming and gorgeous actors in the movie together – a deadly and charismatic combination. Could you possibly miss this? The trio of Deepika, Priyanka and Ranveer is still the talk of the town, until “Padmaavat” releases.

We know how good Deepika and Ranveer are as actors. We have already witnessed their magic together in other Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s creations. What needs to be seen is the traditional look, magic and charm of Shahid Kapoor  in the movie. It is going to be one of the few period films he’s acted in. Deepika is killing it with her looks of a traditional Rajasthani queen. Besides, I am already swooning over Ranvir playing the part of a mad king in the movie’s trailer.

Furthermore, this seems to be another woman-oriented movie – a trend gripping the filmmakers  fast. Rani Padmini is supposed to have been showcased as a strong, bold and wise queen who know her decisions and its repercussions before-hand. Supposedly, she is as brave as she is beautiful and is as loyal as strong.

It will be amazing to watch Ranveer Singh in a negative role. He is surely excited, but so are we – to see the cunning and disgusting side of this merry actor who had mostly charmed us with his good character.

Finally, the costumes in the movie do not seem to be any we have seen earlier. The jewellery has been designed by Tanishq, and they are all worth envying. I am also dying to watch the various looks in the film.

I have no doubt that Sanjay Leela Bhansali has brought a masterpiece this time – and I am literally dying to watch it.