How I Learnt To Deal With Trolls After Posting My First Video

Posted by Indrayudh Mandal in #NoPlace4Hate
January 8, 2018
Facebook logoEditor’s Note: With #NoPlace4Hate, Youth Ki Awaaz and Facebook have joined hands to help make the Internet a safer space for all. Watch this space for powerful stories of how young people are mobilising support and speaking out against online bullying.

A few days ago, I released a video on YouTube. It was titled “Don: Revisited”.

Some of my friends made fun of the video and soon started creating memes based on it. These memes were shared with a lot of people. I’m sharing one such meme below.

I felt very demotivated for the first couple of days, but then I decided that I won’t give up, no matters what the rest of the world thinks of me. We are all human beings – none of us are perfect. We may make some mistakes in our life.

If I had made any mistake in the video, they could have personally informed me. What was the need to troll me?

But then I realised that they had spent their precious time on making such memes and then sharing them. They tried to break me down, but I never gave up.

Some people supported me so much that I didn’t care about those who trolled me. This is how I learnt to withstand things like cyber-bullying.

The next part of the video will be releasing in April, 2018 and this time, I’ll show them.