WhatsApp launched Business App for Small and Medium Enterprises

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The Facebook has launched a different standalone app for the business purpose named WhatsApp Business. The primary motive of this application is to make business communication with customers more streamlined for Small and Medium Enterprises on the popular messaging platform. Apart from this, WhatsApp Business was officially launched in the month of September last year and tested the functioning of businesses like BookMyShow and MakeMyTrip across the country, Currently, the new app for Small and Medium Enterprises is available on Google Play in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the UK, and the US. The WhatsApp Business app is free and will be launched across the world in the coming months but currently, only Android users can make use of it and iPhones users have to wait a bit longer.

The newly launched WhatsApp Business app is focusing on making it easier to for small companies to connect with their customers, and more convenient for the 1.3 billion active users to chat with businesses that matter to them. The app will provide useful information to the customers such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website. This process will also save time with smart messaging tools and quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.

WhatsApp stated that “People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number,” The company added that “regular users can continue using WhatsApp as usual as there’s no need to download anything new. People will continue to have full control over the messages they receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam,”

The above statement made by the company claims that WhatsApp helps around 80 percent of small businesses in India and Brazil communicate with customers and grow their business, citing a Morning Consult study. It also claimed that 84 percent of Small and Medium Enterprises think that WhatsApp helps them communicate with customers, andA80 percent of Small and Medium Enterprises think that the messaging application helps them to grow their business. To read more CLICK HERE