26 atolls and a thousand coral islands make for the tropical wonderland that we identify as the Republic of Maldives. There’s a lot to try and if hopping around nature on an island has been a major wish on your travel diary, then you simply cannot miss the Maldivian experience.
- Stargazing: “Look at the stars, look how they shine for you”. These are the opening lyrics of the hit Coldplay song Yellow and these would play in your head if you get a glimpse of the clear night sky. The Soneva Fushi Resort is located amongst lush aesthetic greens, but the main highlight is the observatory here. The highly powered telescope also offers visitors a glimpse of the ringed planet, Saturn, as well as, the evening star, Venus.
- Snorkeling and scuba-diving: Diving underwater is a must-do activity considering the massive number of beaches and islands in the Maldives. One can dive and explore a diverse biological zone complete with lobsters, eels, corals and shells. The waters are clear as crystal and make for great photographic scenes. Commuting is easy as most of these dive sites are near the major hotels. Look up at any of the holiday packages online, and you are bound to find scuba diving on the list.
- Have food at the most scenic places: The beauty of the Maldives for foreign tourists is that there are hardly any crowded places and the corners, the beach houses where you reside make for good nature sightseeing. The Centara Grand offers candlelight beach dinners in their package, and this leads to maximum romantic vibes. Some can even have an underwater culinary experience at the Conrad Rangali Ithaa. It is unique as it is the world’s first all-glass undersea hotel. While you relish your delicious food, you get a magnificent view of marine creatures on your side.
- Befriend manta rays and dolphins: Manta Rays and dolphins are some of the most popular marine creatures which you can have a glimpse of while scuba diving or boating. An experience worth mentioning is at Manta Point where several of these triangular finned fish flock in shoals. A natural sight is watching playful dolphins in their natural habitat. Maximum chances of spotting these mammals are during early morning and afternoon.
- Surfing: With the mention of atolls, beaches and coral reefs, the presence of surfboards in the Maldives would not come as a surprise. Many resorts offer surfing at reef breaks for both beginners and pros. Even if not for a long distance, surfing in the shallows is worth trying.
With such travel plans, you can book an air ticket to the Maldives and have a journey filled with scenic memories all the way.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.