8 Top Tourist Places to Visit in jaipur

Posted by Hruday Chand Reddy
February 9, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Jaipur, also known as the Pink City, is the capital of Rajasthan state, the cultural capital of India. Along with Delhi and Agra, Jaipur forms the Golden Triangle of India Tourism and it also serves as a gateway to other tourist destinations in Rajasthan such as Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and Udaipur. Let us uncover some of the best places to visit in Jaipur here for a memorable journey.

Amer Fort

Amer Fort or Amber Fort is one of the most impressive forts of Rajasthan and also one of the prime places to visit as part of Jaipur Tour Packages. The architecture of Amer Fort is influenced by both Hindu and Muslim styles. Overlooking the beautiful Maota Lake, the fort was built using red sandstone. Known for its ornamented pillars and delicate mosaic work in Diwan-e-Khas, splendid ivory and sandalwood work in Sukh Niwas, elegant frescoes and fascinating latticed work in the Ganesh Pol or a spell binding glass work in the Sheesh Mahal, Amer Fort is incomparable as far as the artistic skills of the artisans and designers of the Rajput era.

Hawa Mahal

Hawa Mahal is the iconic landmark of Jaipur and one of the popular places to experience Jaipur Tourism. The palace was designed in the form of the crown of Krishna by Lal Chand Ustad. Constructed in Rajputana architectural style with red and pink sandstone, Hawa Mahal is an architectural masterpiece with over 900 windows or jharokhas decorated with intricate latticework. The main intention of the lattice was to allow royal ladies to observe day to day life in the street below without being seen. The most unique feature about the palace is the fact that at all times a light breeze passes through it.

Nahargarh Fort

Nahargarh Fort is one of the best historical places to visit in Jaipur. Originally called as Sudarshangarh Fort, the fort was built in 1734 by Sawai Jai Singh II and is known for its extended wall that connects it to Jaigarh Fort. The fort represents Indo-European architecture and there are many well preserved structures inside the fort. Situated high up on the Aravalli hills, it is famous for its enchanting sunset views and looks stunningly beautiful at night when it’s lit up.

City Palace

City Palace is one of the most elegant and one of the most popular Tourist Places in Jaipur. Built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the City Palace reflects Rajput, Mughal and European architectural styles. This beautiful palace complex comprising numerous edifices, vast courtyards and attractive gardens, is a souvenir of the magnificent history. Surrounded by huge walls, the most noticeable structures in the City Palace complex are the Chandra Mahal, Mubarak Mahal, Maharani’s Palace, Sri Govind Dev Temple and the City Palace Museum.Most of the palace is the residence of the descendants of the former rulers of Jaipur, only the ground floor is allowed for visitors where the Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II Museum is located.

Albert Hall Museum

Albert Hall Museum, also called as Government Central Museum, is one of the oldest museums in the state of Rajasthan and among the famous Jaipur Tourist Places. With its beautifully elaborate domes and carved arches constructed from inlaid sand stone, this museum houses 19,000 historic objects and has various collections like metal ware, ivory work, lacquer work, jewellery, textiles, pottery carved wooden objects, arms and weapons, clay models, sculptures, educational, scientific and zoological objects, tribal costumes, ceramics, oil and miniature paintings, inlay work, musical instruments, clocks and marble statues.

Jal Mahal

Jal Mahal is situated right in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake, flanked by the majestic Nahargarh Hills in Jaipur. It was constructed for serving the purpose of a summer resort for his family and guests. Built using red sandstone, the palace stands bright with five floors and is considered to be one of the most beautiful architectural palaces. The palace gives you ample opportunities to spot flamingos and various other species of migratory birds in winter. The palace looks spellbinding in the evenings when the entire structure is immersed in flood lights. Tourists can book boat rides to visit the palace but only the terrace garden is allowed to be accessed by the visitors.

Jantar Mantar

Jantar Mantar is another famous places to visit in Jaipur. Holding the status of UNESCO World Heritage site, it is considered to be one of the largest observatories and features the world’s biggest sundial ‘Samrat Yantra’. Jantar Mantar is famous for its intriguing sculptures and structures, made of stone and brass based on the astronomical design principles of Hindu texts of astrology and modern science.

Birla Mandir

Birla Mandir is one of the most popular religious places in Jaipur. The temple, built in white marble, is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi. Also known as Lakshmi Narayan Temple, the exteriors of the temple are carved with beautiful sculptures based on mythological themes, while the interiors have a large marble panel portraying mythological events. Surrounded by lush green gardens, the temple looks stunning, when it is brightly lit in the night.