This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Adeniyi Ogunfowoke. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Beauty Hacks For Long-haul Flight

More from Adeniyi Ogunfowoke

One of the most unpalatable things about travel is when you alight from a long haul flight looking completely haggard and tired. Your skin is dry, your hair is a mess, and you just do not feel your body. Interestingly, there are beauty solutions that you can start using to feel completely fresh every time you step off a plane after a long haul flight. Use these beauty hacks shared by Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, to start looking and feeling your best after any flight.

Pack beauty items in your carry on
The first thing to do is to make sure you have all of your important beauty items within arms reach. Make sure to pack your carry-on with all the essentials you will need so you don’t have to search for them. I’ll go over some of my essential items in the list below, but the best thing is to make sure you have a good bag to pack them all in.

Prepare your skin
Make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your skin before taking a flight, this way you won’t need to do it all while on board. Also, if you decide to apply a face cream while flying, it will be easier for your exfoliated skin to absorb it.

Skip makeup before you take off
If your flight is more than 3 hours and you really want to feel your best when you land, it’s probably best to skip the makeup before you take off. The air in the cabin is typically pretty dry and harsh, so it’s best to have a fresh face to start off with.

Hydrate and moisturise
The best way to step off that airplane looking fresh-faced is to hydrate your body and skin as frequently as possible throughout your flight. You can do this by drinking water, putting moisturizer on your face, lotioning up your hands, using lip balm, and be drinking more water.

Avoid salt, coffee and alcohol
The worst thing you can do for your complexion before and during a flight is overload on salty foods and alcohol. The salt causes you to bloat, which doesn’t help when you’re sitting for long periods of time, and the alcohol and coffee will just dry out your skin and system. If possible, opt for healthier snack choices and drink plenty of water.

Freshen up before landing

When the flight attendants give the “final stretch” announcement before landing, that’s a perfect time to start freshening up. You can head to the restroom to take freshen up. This is where you need your carry on that include toothbrush/toothpaste, moisturizer,, highlight or concealer, a blush/bronzer kit, and mascara among others.

More from Adeniyi Ogunfowoke

By Arun Sawant

By Deepanshu Bajaj

By Follicle Fix Reviews