Youth Ki Awaaz is undergoing scheduled maintenance. Some features may not work as desired.

Big Data Career Opportunities You Can Watch Out!

Posted by aileenscott604
February 23, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

With data driving most of the companies these days, there has been an upward surge in big data careers, with most of the undergrads seeking ways and means to make careers in Big Data. And while internships are one of the ways to make careers in big data, the other sure shot way to get into big data analytics career is through certifications. Yes, certifications in big data will ensure that you are selected from the other aspiring applicants and certifications alone will ensure that you stay ahead in your career as well.

So if you are seeking a career in big data what you need to have apart from qualifications along with various internships in your kitty is certifications in big data from reputed certification institutes like DASCA, Hortonworks, and Cloudera among others.

Certifications for Big Data Scientists

Okay, so you want to be a big data scientist and while you love playing with data both structured and unstructured, have the right qualifications to start your career as big data scientist, but do you know that despite all your qualifications and your love to play with data one thing that will help you surge ahead in your career is professional certifications for big data scientist from reputed certifications institute like DASCA or Hortonworks to add to your credentials.

If you have been planning to become a big data scientist right from your undergrad years then apart from going for internships, you should also go for certifications in Big Data Analytics and certification for Big Data Science. Certifications along with an internship in data analytics will prepare you for a career in big data science once you graduate.

Big Data Certifications – You’re Stepping Stone to Success

Once you have decided what career path to follow in big data it is equally important to choose the right certification for yourself. Some of the renowned institutes that offer big data certifications are mentioned below along with the detailed information regarding the certifications. However, remember you if you want to a career as Big Data Scientist, you need to work your way up as a big data analyst before you get promoted as big data scientist.

1. Data Science Council of America: DASCA offers two certifications each in Data Analyst and Data Scientist namely Associate Big Data Analyst (ABDA ), Senior Big Data Analyst (SBDA), Senior Data Scientist (SDS) and Principal Data Scientist (PDS). Before you go for Big Data Science Certification you need to have more than 5 years of experience as a big data analyst along with big data analyst certifications.
  2. Hortonworks Certifications: Hortonworks certifications in Big Data Analytics are another reputed certification to let you stay ahead in your career in Big Data. Hortonworks offers certification in Big Data that are renowned world over.
  3. Cloudera Certifications: Cloudera offers three certifications in Big Data namely CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer, CCA Data Analyst, and CCA Administrator.