Budget 2018-19 : hope of students

Posted by Kritika kumari
February 3, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The fifth annual budget (2018-19) presented by finance minister Mr Arun jaitely is promising many remarkable development in upcoming years specifically in education sector with a amount of 1 lakh crore to be spent in upcoming four years.
Mr Arun jaitely presented his idea for shaping a good future, in the education sector. The aim of the budget is focussed on improving the quality of education and skill development in students.
Mr jaitely stated that ” we have been able to bring children to school but the quality of education is still a cause of concern”.
He presented an idea to move from black board to digital board to promote digitalisation of education.
He announced that government will open u Eklavya model residential school on the line of Navodaya vidyalaya in every block with more than 50% of ST population and atleast 20 thousand tribal person. The prime minister fellowship
Scheme was also announced which will provide opportunity to the top 1000 students of premier institute pursuing B. Tech. The fellowship will help in their masters and doctorates emphasis was also paid on still development and for this it was announced that more skill development centres will be set up across many parts of country which will help to create more skilled workforce. To achieve good quality education it was announced to start integrated Bed programs which will train almost 13 lakhs teachers. 18 new schools of planning and architecture in IITs and NITs were announced with 24 new government medical colleges which will be set up by upgrading existing districts hospitals in the country.
Overall this year budget is summed up well to improve the quality of education in upcoming years. From online portals like Diksha to announcement of new government medical colleges, government is trying to provide more opportunities for education of the youth.