How To Look And Feel Great For A Big Event

Posted by Emma Palmer
February 28, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Whether you’re going to a wedding, an engagement party, on a first date, attending an awards ceremony or it’s your birthday, no matter the event you probably want to look and feel your best on the night. There’s nothing worse than being at a fun event where the drinks are flowing and people are having an awesome time and there you are stressing about how you look. With a little bit of preparation, you can make sure that you feel like the best version of yourself before your big night (or day) out. Here are some tips on how to look and feel great before a big event.

Make Sure You Feel Good On The Inside

If you know you have a big event coming up, you can start preparing yourself for it in the weeks beforehand by taking care of your body. If our bodies are healthy and we’re feeling nourished and well on the inside, we’re more likely to feel confident in our appearance. The food we eat and how much exercise we do affects more than just our physical appearance, it also affects our mood and our energy levels. Be conscious of what you’re putting into your body if you’re trying to make sure you feel good for a big event. Drink plenty of water, exercise regularly and choose nutritious, non-processed foods when possible. The week before your event, focus on your wellness by considering your food choices, your stress levels and how much rest you’re getting. You will notice the difference on the big day.

Pick An Outfit You Love

A big determinant of how you feel on the day or night of an important event is your outfit. If you pick something to wear that is unflattering, uncomfortable or just doesn’t feel like you, it can make a big difference to your enjoyment of the night. By planning ahead and sorting out your outfit with plenty of time, you can make sure you have something amazing to wear so that you feel amazing. No one wants to spend an unreasonable amount of money on an outfit that they may only wear once so one way of ensuring you look and feel good without breaking the bank is to rent a high-end, designer dress to wear to the event. This is one way of being able to wear a beautiful dress that you might not otherwise be able to afford – and there’s no risk of outfit-repeating!

Go For Comfortable Shoes

As well as a comfortable outfit, you also need comfortable shoes in order to enjoy yourself. If you’re going for heels, make sure you pick a sturdy option that provides you with plenty of support. If you’ve purchased new shoes for the event, break them in a few days before to prevent any painful blisters forming on the night. Consider where the event is being held when making footwear decisions as well. For example, if you’re going to be standing on grass for much of the event, don’t wear stilettos that will dig into the grass. Or if it’s at a friend’s house consider if your shoes might damage or mark their floor.

Sort Out That Smile

Chances are there are going to be cameras at a big event and people snapping away on their phones, posting Instagram content. This means that you’ll probably be wanting to look photo-ready. There’s nothing worse than catching sight of a terrible photo of yourself on social media afterwards. You can prevent this by taking care of your teeth and oral hygiene in the lead-up to the event. You can do this by maintaining your dental care routine, regularly brushing and flossing, and using whitening products to give you a sparkling smile. Lip balm and staying hydrated will also help you avoid having chapped or split lips on the day.

Get That Facial Glow

Your skin is your canvas for your makeup so you want it to be looking fresh and glowing before a big event. If it’s an extra special event, consider treating yourself to a facial a week before. Deep cleansing treatments can help clean out your pores and have your skin looking lovely in time for the big night. At home, you can see instant benefits with face masks. Depending on the mask type, you can use it in the week before or even the day off to ensure your skin is smooth and silky. The better your skin is looking, the better you’ll feel and the better your makeup will apply.

Treat Your Tresses

A few days before you can get your hair red-carpet ready by using a deep conditioning treatment or hair mask that will make your hair extra soft. If you have coloured blonde hair consider using a toner to get rid of any brassy shades in your hair or getting a touch-up if you’ve got a lot of regrowth showing. While some savvy styling can help hide split ends or a bad haircut, you can’t hide a bad colour job. Before the big day, try on your outfit and decide how you’ll style your hair based on the look you’re going for. If you’re going for curls or an up-do, then wash your hair a day or two before. Day-old hair will hold these styles better because your hair’s natural oils will make your stands more moldable.

Get A Good Night’s Sleep

Once you’ve sorted your outfit, your skin, your hair and your shoes, it’s time to relax. Make sure the night before, that you get a good rest so you can wake up refreshed and rejuvenated. Being sleep deprived makes us feel fatigued and lethargic and can affect our mood. A good sleep the night before will make you feel great and ensure you can enjoy the whole event.