All You Need To Know About Publishing On Youth Ki Awaaz

To write a story on Youth Ki Awaaz, you’ll need to set up a user account and login to YKA. Once you are logged in, you can click on the “Submit” button on the top right corner. You will then see the YKA editor which looks like this:

The most basic YKA story must have a title and body text. Any stories based on current affairs on incidents must have links to sources. You may also feel free to add images (that you own the copyright to) and videos (we recommend uploading videos on YouTube and then sharing the links in the editor).

We encourage you to format your stories properly. Follow these tips to create a story that is readable and looks clean.

The Basic Features

The YKA editor gives you simple, relatable features as seen in the screenshot below, to make your stories well formatted.

1. Use the “B” and “I” icons to bold and italicise words inside your story.

2. Use the list icons to create bullet lists or numbered lists, just like this one, inside your story.

3. Want to add a quote inside your story? Use the quote icon.

4. Align your paragraphs or lines inside your story left, right or centre using the alignment options.

5. Add links inside your story, or add sources using the “Insert/edit link” option.

6. Add images inside the post with the image icon.

7. You can also opt for a clean, full-screen writing experience using the “Fullscreen” option.

Embedding Media Inside Your Post

The YKA editor supports embedding media and content from most networks and platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TED, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Soundcloud, Instagram, Slideshare among others.

To embed a YouTube video, or a Facebook post/video, a tweet – just paste the URL to the video/post/tweet where you want it to be displayed. Once you hit publish, your media will appear right there. However, please make sure your links are embedded as text and not as hyperlinked. The way to identify whether the URL is hyperlinked or not is to check whether your URL is highlighted in blue/purple or not. If it is, then it is probably hyperlinked. Unlink it by click on the “Remove link” button in the editor.

Check out the below examples of embedding a YouTube video, Facebook video and Tweet.

If you don’t know how to get a Facebook post URL or a Tweet URL, check out these guides: Facebook guideTwitter guide.

1. MOHAMMAD ADIL

I have written an article on Rafale deal, which is still not selected,what is the way out?

2. Srishti Pandey

Where can I find my drafts?

1. Anugraha Hadke

Hi Srishti,
      They should be in your profile – just click on your profile photo in the top right corner.

3. gsvnaresh

May I know why my article deleted from my profile

1. Asma Zaidi

Hi Naresh. Can you please share the title of your article?

4. Sumit Kumar

I have been trying to publish since yesterday and every time after clicking submit button it says that you have missed one or more required fields, even though very cautiously I have made all the few editing suggested by.

1. Vanita Ganesh

Hi Sumit! Could you please share the title of your article? Will have a look ASAP!

5. Harshita Tripathi

I posted a poem but I am unable to see it in my profile or anywhere else that what I posted is published or not how I know it ..

1. Vanita Ganesh

Hey Harshita! Could you please share with me the title of the poem?

6. Puhumi Verma

how can I delete a published article?

1. Anshul Tewari

Hi Puhumi, if your article has not been reviewed yet, you will see a “delete” option and you can hit it to delete your post. If the post has been reviewed, the option goes away but you can send us an email at info@youthkiawaaz.com and YKA’ moderators will delete it for you.

7. Riya Gadhavi

Can I edit a published article?

8. Yashaswini Balasubramanyam

Hello! I would like to delete one of my published posts. Can you help me with it 🙂

1. Vanita Ganesh

Hi Yashaswini! Thank you for reaching out to us. If your article has not been reviewed yet, you will see a “delete” option and you can hit it to delete your post. If the post has been reviewed, the option goes away but you can send us an email at submit@youthkiawaaz.com and YKA’ moderators will delete it for you.

9. Ria Gupta

Hey! How can I publish pieces under specific issues like education? Currently my post is automatically showing ‘in Community’.

10. Understand Grow

🙏Very inspired by this point of view I will try as a writer.😇

By Anshul Tewari

By Asma Zaidi

By Asma Zaidi