To write a story on Youth Ki Awaaz, you’ll need to set up a user account and login to YKA. Once you are logged in, you can click on the “Submit” button on the top right corner. You will then see the YKA editor which looks like this:
The most basic YKA story must have a title and body text. Any stories based on current affairs on incidents must have links to sources. You may also feel free to add images (that you own the copyright to) and videos (we recommend uploading videos on YouTube and then sharing the links in the editor).
We encourage you to format your stories properly. Follow these tips to create a story that is readable and looks clean.
The YKA editor gives you simple, relatable features as seen in the screenshot below, to make your stories well formatted.
1. Use the “B” and “I” icons to bold and italicise words inside your story.
2. Use the list icons to create bullet lists or numbered lists, just like this one, inside your story.
3. Want to add a quote inside your story? Use the quote icon.
4. Align your paragraphs or lines inside your story left, right or centre using the alignment options.
5. Add links inside your story, or add sources using the “Insert/edit link” option.
6. Add images inside the post with the image icon.
7. You can also opt for a clean, full-screen writing experience using the “Fullscreen” option.
The YKA editor supports embedding media and content from most networks and platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TED, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Soundcloud, Instagram, Slideshare among others.
To embed a YouTube video, or a Facebook post/video, a tweet – just paste the URL to the video/post/tweet where you want it to be displayed. Once you hit publish, your media will appear right there. However, please make sure your links are embedded as text and not as hyperlinked. The way to identify whether the URL is hyperlinked or not is to check whether your URL is highlighted in blue/purple or not. If it is, then it is probably hyperlinked. Unlink it by click on the “Remove link” button in the editor.
Check out the below examples of embedding a YouTube video, Facebook video and Tweet.