This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Rajveer khanna. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

It’s Time to Explore The Holistic Side Of Kerala

More from Rajveer khanna

It’s Time to Explore the Holistic Side Of Kerala

Image result for Kerala

Known as one of the most popular states with tourists, Kerala is visited by millions of visitors from all parts of India and abroad. Its lush green vegetation, vast backwater, rich culture and amazing cuisine keep the tourists mesmerized for long. However, the charm of Kerala is not limited to the natural splendor, wildlife, and heritage. It has emerged as a top choice for tourists seeking holistic travel destination in India.

Why Experience Holistic Tourism in Kerala?

There are a plethora of  Kerala tour packages for holistic vacation. Whether you are traveling solo or with friends, the holistic destinations in Kerala are amazing. You will get the chance to soak in the serenity, and natural bounty will keep you enthralled. The added benefit is that you get to experience holistic aspects like Ayurvedic massages, detoxifying baths and herbal therapies for rejuvenating body and mind. The taste of mouth-watering delicacies, prepared in authentic Kerala style is like icing on the cake. The holistic destinations in Kerala have located away from the crowded cities and still offer enough amenities.

Top Holistic Tourism Destinations in Kerala

There are plenty of holistic tourism destinations in Kerala, and more are appearing on the horizon with time. However, you can take your pick from the following:

• Coconut Lagoon – Kumarakom

The beautiful and serene Coconut Lagoon, located in Kumarakom- is ideal for tourists with a desire to experience Kerala holistic tourism at its best. Its location near the beautiful Vembanad Lake and backwater fishing village make the resort even more alluring. Avian species lovers can head to the pretty Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, covered by a cluster of mangroves. During your stay at the Coconut Lagoon, you can chill out at the swimming pool while gazing at the nearby lake. The resort offers Ayurvedic massages to rejuvenate all your senses. You can also opt for yoga classes. Do not miss out the amazing evening boat cruises offered by the resort. The floating tea shop is worth your time too. It has now become a part of most popular Kerala tour packages.

• Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort

If money is not a bar and experience the top Holistic tour experience in Kerala is on the mind- the Carnoustie Ayurveda & Wellness Resort is a good choice. You get exposure to traditional yoga, meditation techniques and goodness of Ayurveda- while not cutting down on amenities at all. There are a number of villas in the resort with attached private pools. Explore the nearby villages in the bicycle for relaxing. The nearby marari beach is ideal for experiencing serenity like never. Enjoy exploring the vast backwaters in a houseboat, or you can explore the nearby temples and see the majestic St. Andrews Basilica. The seafood speciality restaurant Chimeira serves authentic regional seafood delicacies. You can also gulp down the health drinks prepared with produce harvested in the resort’s own organic garden.

• Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village

Located in the beautiful Palakkad district in Kerala, the Kairali Ayurvedic Healing Village is ideal for those seeking -depth exposure to Ayurveda while enjoying holidays in the lap of nature. Located on an area spanning 50 acres, the healing village offers various yoga and Ayurvedic programs for visitors. In fact, you can get special Ayurvedic packages for weight management here. No alcohol is allowed here, and you get only vegetarian food, cooked in authentic Kerala style. The villas are set up as per Vaastu rules, and the surrounding is blissful. You can opt for yoga sessions, both in groups and on an individual level while staying here. This destination is now being covered by top tour operators offering Kerala tour packages.

• Soma Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village

If you are a nature lover and particularly like beaches, head to the beautiful Soma Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village. Contrary to what the name suggests, this resort is not all ‘Au naturale’! At this beautiful resort, you can enjoy all the amenities available in typical urban resorts. It is not exactly ideal for those visiting with kids since the resort does not allow kids below 12 years. The Ayurveda packages available here include Rejuvenation therapy, Body Purification, Slimming Program, Ayurveda Anti-Ageing Program. You get delicious veg meals while staying here- cooked in Ayurvedic style. The management also offers airport transfer to and from Thiruvananthapuram.

·         Ayurveda Yoga Villa

Located in Kerala’s Wayanad district, Ayurveda, Yoga Villa offers delegates exposure to the fine nuances of Ayurveda, healing programs, healthy Ayurvedic food and amenities to get a truly holistic experience. The foods are cooked with fresh produce harvested in its own organic garden. Fitness seekers can avail the program offered in ancient Kalari martial art form.  There are special wellness programs like stress management, panchakaram detoxification, rasyana rejuvenation and herbal beauty care. The campus has a Ganapathi temple, a cow-shed, and an Ayurveda herbal unit. There are herbal cottages with walls coated in medicated mud and river view cottages. It can be reached from the Kozhikode Airport.

·         Shin Shiva Ayurvedic resort

If you want to pick from Kerala tour packages covering holistic tourism destinations that will not bleed your wallet, Shin Shiva Ayurvedic resort is a good option. The location of the resort adjacent to the beautiful Kovalam beach, overlooking the ocean is amazing. It is not far from the Trivandrum airport. You can pick from a wide range of Ayurvedic and yoga packages here, and there is a program to help you give up a smoking addiction. It is encircled by lush green palms, and you will enjoy the serenity and natural splendor at its best. The thatched-roof cottages, Ayurvedic restaurant, yoga center and well-maintained gardens are perfect for rejuvenating both mind and body.

• Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Retreat-Purnagram 

Located in Ernakulam district of Kerala, Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Retreat-Purnagram is ideal when you want to experience holistic tourism of Kerala in its glory! The resort- built on 8 acres, and near the Periyar River, is encircled by lush greenery is about 22 km from Cochin International Airport. You can avail Ayurvedic treatments for a wide range of ailments here. There are a total 30 cottages here. You get strictly vegetarian meals here, and these are cooked while adhering to Ayurvedic principles.

Kerala is a state like no other. There is something for everyone out here. If you love food, you will love Kerala, if you love boating, you will love Kerala, and if you love just lazing around, and getting pampered – Yes, you will love Kerala. So, what are you waiting for pack your bags and head out to vacation to God’s Own Country this summer!

More from Rajveer khanna

By Mn Noyon

By Arvind Kumar

By Priyanka Jaiswal