Late Manzoor Hashmi From North Kashmir Baramulla Rules in the hearts of the people.

Posted by Syed Karar Hashmi
February 23, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Renowned Poet Late Manzoor Hashmi from North Kashmir Baramulla rules in the hearts of People.  
Manzoor Hashmi ﴾ Syed Ali Shah ﴿ was born on May 15, 1935 at Watergam, Wagoora, Baramulla, ﴾J&K﴿. Manzoor Hashmi’s father, Syed Safdar was a tailor. Though not formally educated, Syed Safdar was a religious man. He died at 42 in 1940. His uncle Syed Qasim sent him to the local school (GPS, Watergam, which is now a High School). After passing Class V in 1945, he got admission in Gov’t School Kreeri where he covered two more grades. At the age of 15, Hashmi entered National High School, Baramulla. He suffered from Typhoid before taking Class VIII exams. Then his uncle, Safdar Ali, who was a tailor taught him tailoring. He also sent him to Maulvi Hafizullah Shah of Wagoora to learn Persian. In 1952, he passed middle exam from M/S Bumai, Sopore. 1954, he passed “Adeeb” exam. He matriculated in 1956 and was appointed as a teacher in GPS Chek-e-Ghulam Rasool Hartrath Singhpora. 
Post 1956 Life, he continued his insatiable thirst for knowledge during his service. In 1956 he passed Adeeb Fazil (Honours in Urdu). He received Intermediate from Kashmir University in 1958. The same year he enrolled at the University of Kashmir, Srinagar where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts 1961. In 1962, he received his Masters of Arts (Urdu) degree from the same University. The following year he obtained B. Ed. 
He retired in 1993 as Zonal Edu Officer Kunzar (Tangmar) quite satisfied with his job which he considered a mission. He enjoyed respect of all the stakeholders in the department. During my 14 year sevice, I could not find a single person who complained about the late poet. It is a feat which most of us unsuccesfully try to achieve. He died on June 13, 1997 at the age of 62, and is buried in his native graveyard Watergam.
 Manzoor Hashmi having Six Son’s namely Syed Sarwar Hashmi, Syed Fida Hashmi, Syed Azhar Hashmi, Syed Owais Hashmi, Syed Naveed and Syed Safeer Hashmi.
Literary Life He learnt Persian from Maulvi Hazeezullah Shah (of Wagoora). Persian books were read aloud in in the evening to impart knowledge to the illiterate. It was this Persian poetry and Hafeez Sahibs guidance that kindled in him the poet and got him reputation as an acclaimed literary figure.      
Literary works of Manzoor Hashmi 
(A) Poetry:
1- Mizrab: His first poetry book, Mizrab, appeared in 1964. 
2- Girmal: His second anthology of poetry published in 1971.
3- Loluk Sargam:
4- Achhar Phullai: Published in 1997, it consists of Hamd, Munajat, Na’at, Salam, Ghazal.
(B) Prose→ 5 books
1- Za’afranzar: Published in 1972, it consists of eight essays.
2- Arz-e-Watan Karnah: Published in 1977, it encompasses social life of Karnah. Syed Sa’adud Din Sadi equates it an encyclopedia of Karnah
3- Ashab-e-Hussain and Khutbat: Published in 1987, it is a 64 page urdu prose booklet about the tragedy of Karbala.
4- Goshiye Chaman:
5- Hussainyat: A research on old and contemporary marsia in Kashmir.
i. Samnama Vol. I
ii. Khawarnama Vol. I & II (Not Published Yet) 
His son Syed Sarwar Hashmi and Syed Azhar are working actively in different Cultural organisations Like Adbi Markaz Kamraz and Manzoor Hashmi Kruhun Cultural forum. 
Syed Karar Hashmi 
Social Activist and Political Commentator from Central Kashmir Dab–Ganderbal. 
Author Can be mailed on :