This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mrinalini Agarwal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Living With Endometriosis

Endometriosis! Adenomyosis! PCO! First, when you figure these out you take a day or two remembering how to spell it. Yes, it is hard to spell and it is harder to live with. It is just weird when you look amazing, you know you can do incredible stuff in life and deadlift a 100 kgs and yet no one knows the pain that you go through because it is not visible. Somethings are so surreal that it just makes life hard to go ahead with a smile on your face but you gotta do what you gotta do right? It is so important to talk about periods and pain in today’s world because every second woman is suffering, it could be your sister, your daughter, your girlfriend, your niece or your best friend. But you know what stays unheard? The reason is that society has accepted to keep shut about it.

Endometriosis is a condition where the tissues that grow inside the uterus start to grow outside it. Adenomyosis is a condition in which endometrial tissue exists within and grows into the uterine wall. PCO, well it’s very common these days – it’s multiple cysts in ovaries. It is so important to be aware of these because a) the pain; b) you mentally and physically get so drained that you feel abnormal. I have felt that and not just once but so many times I was dull and just wanted to give up everything. It hurts so bad sometimes, that you don’t wanna walk, talk, eat or even sleep because of the pain.

There are so many reasons you should have it checked and not be shy about period pain. It is worse when you wake up in the morning with that pain thinking about going back to bed and you are just irritated because no one will understand because they can’t feel what you feel.

There are options that you can go for once you get your MRI and tests done, which is important. If the pain in your abdomen doesn’t subside with painkillers, you can go for Mirena, Laparoscopy etc as suggested by your gyne.

It is absolutely okay to feel like a mess knowing you have it and you are going through it. I get how abnormal it feels and how annoying it is to let it get to your nerves but all those painkillers, all those injections and all those nights in hospitals will make sense when you get past it and make your life a better place on your own.

More from Mrinalini Agarwal

By Harapriya Eclatmax

By Hamza Sufyan

By Rahul Shakdwepiya