Meet the Hyderabad Boy Who is Giving People a Second Chance

Posted by BitGiving
February 5, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

As a society, we want everything at the earliest. We take pride in our pizza and fast food joints which promise to deliver within 30 minutes or give your money back.

But where is speed when it really matters? You must have heard it’s faster to get a pizza in India than an ambulance. Sadly, this is true. With traffic clogged roads and slow ambulance services, who do we depend on during life-threatening emergencies?

At Second Chance, a not-for-profit initiative, they rescue the dying and destitute to enable them to live with proper medical care and shelter.

Many-a-time we come across a situation where a person is in a dying condition. Our rescue crew are quick and swift to rescue the person and shift them to our home.

However, most times, lives are lost because of lack of proper medical facilities to carry the patients.

Due to the lack of an ambulance, we were forced to depend on the government service 108 for help. Even when a person passes away, it gets very tough for us to shift the body of the deceased in a dignified manner for the funeral.

So this winter, they launched a cry for help so that they could procure resources to buy an ambulance to better help the destitute. And it was successful since they reached their target of 2 lakh rupees to buy an ambulance for a wonderful cause!