This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Sarath S R. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Mission 360: Amit Shah’s Plan For The BJP To Win 360 Seats In The 2019 Elections

More from Sarath S R

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is on a roll. It achieved great heights in the previous general elections and plans on upholding this amazing streak. In light of this agenda, they have come up with a plan called ‘Mission 360‘. In short, they plan on winning a minimum of 360 seats in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections and their plan has already been set in motion. Amit Shah is now the man of the hour. He was the one who proposed this idea and came up with an excellent plan to achieve this goal.

Amit Shah, the current president of the Bharatiya Janata Party, was born in Mumbai. He has proven time and again the value and effort he puts into his work. This is evident from the success he has had in his political life. He has been associated with the RSS for a very long time. He met Narendra Modi for the very first time through an RSS meeting in Ahmedabad, as Narendra Modi was also associated with the RSS at that time. That was the beginning of an amazing friendship.

He played a crucial role in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, putting his best foot forward and winning 73 seats out of a total of 80. This win led to him being appointed as the party’s national president in July 2014. From then on, he has been an unstoppable force, winning the Legislative Assembly elections in Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, Haryana and Maharashtra in 2016. In 2014, the BJP won 282 seats, an amazing achievement.

Amit Shah joined BJP in 1986 and has been working tirelessly towards the betterment of the country. Modi and Shah formed a powerful team. They identified the Congress to be their major contender and came up with ways to reduce the Congress’ influence. Their strategy was simple: find the second most important and influential person in a place (district, village or state) and persuade them to join the BJP. This strategy of theirs was a success and this helped them reduce the hold that Congress had in areas like Gujarat and enabled the BJP to get a foothold of their own.

In 2001, Modi was elected the chief minister of Gujarat and gradually, Shah and Modi took down their rivals. Shah was also the youngest minister in the Modi government and was given multiple portfolios. 2019 elections are nearing and the party is in full swing preparing for the fierce battle. Amit Shah has been visiting many states and assessing the situation. He is coming up with strategies to get people to vote for the BJP.

There are a few states where the party has an upper hand. In the 2014 elections, the BJP won 27 seats out of 29 seats in Madhya Pradesh and 12 seats out of a total of 14 in Chhattisgarh. However, they did not fare so well in the other states. They were only able to secure one seat out of 21 in Odisha, 28 out of 43 seats in Maharashtra, two out of 25 seats in Andhra Pradesh and 17 out of 24 seats in Karnataka. These statistics have enabled them to identify their weak points and focus on all-round plan that will include all the states in India.

2014 was the golden year for the BJP. The difference between seats attained by BJP and Congress was huge, with BJP taking the upper hand. This difference was obvious in territories like Goa, Bihar, and Manipur, etc. These are their strong points. In the upcoming elections, they should plan on concentrating on territories where they are not in favour like Telangana, Karnataka and Kerala.

Amit Shah has come up with a well-designed and well-laid out plan to achieve their 360 seats goal. He has been constantly working towards this goal and has briefed the party on how to approach this goal. He is currently on a 95-day pan India tour to get a better understanding of how to achieve this goal. He has realised that the same tactic will not work for all the states and provinces. He is definitely not going to leave any stone unturned.

Setting a goal of winning 360 seats out of 543 goals is an ambitious goal. And in order to achieve this goal, proper preparation needs to be done. And that is exactly what Amit Shah is doing. He is known to calculate and analyse every move before making it. The Congress being their primary rival has taken steps of their own to thwart BJP’s attempt. However, BJP leaders are considered to have an upper hand over their rivals.

Amit Shah and Narendra Modi – these two prominent figures have changed the entire paradigm of Indian politics. Their 360-plus mission has left many people dumbstruck and many have expressed their concern at achieving this goal. However, the team is confident of achieving this goal and has a well laid out plan to accomplish this. I wish them all the best and hope that they make India a better place.

More from Sarath S R

By Ali Qalandar

By Akash Raj