SRI DEVI: NO MORE CHANDNI

Posted by vaibhav salonia
February 24, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Yes, it is very hard to believe that the first female superstar of India, who gave stiff competition to all the top actors, is no more.

Yes, I am talking about Sri ji. Since my childhood (and that of almost all 90s kids), I have grown up watching her films. Every section of society, every age group loved her infinitely. SHE WAS DHAKAN OF ALL, but her dhadkan betrayed her she is no more with us

The news was confirmed by Sridevi’s brother-in-law Sanjay Kapoor. Sridevi was with her husband and younger daughter Khushi in Dubai at the time of her death. The Kapoor family were in Dubai to attend the wedding of Mohit Marwah.

According to a report in Indian Express,Sanjay Kapoor confirmed the news by saying, “Yes, it is true that Sridevi passed away. I just landed here, I was in Dubai and now I am flying back to Dubai. It happened roughly around 11.00-11.30. I don’t know more details yet.”

For all she is the epitome of beauty,talent and of  all the qualities that a woman should contain All the actress of new slot admire her work .From kangana ranaut to deepika she is idol of all. She was a gem of industry

Sridevi started her career as a child actor at the age of four in the Tamil movie Thunaivanplaying the role of young Lord Muruga and acted in many Tamil and Telugu movies from then on. Baby Sridevi’s performance in Poompatta (1971) in Malayalam won her the Kerala State Film Award for Best Child ArtistKandan Karunai (1967), Nam Naadu (1969), Prarthanai (1970), Babu (1971), Badi Panthulu(1972), Bala Bharatam (1972), Vasantha Maaligai (1972) and Bhakta Kumbara (1974) are the most notable films of her career as a child artist. In 1975, Sridevi debuted in Bollywood with Julie, where she played younger sister to the protagonist Lakshmi.

Sridevi made her debut as a heroine in Hindi films in Solva Sawan in 1979. Four years later she was signed to star opposite Jeetendra in Himmatwala. The film released in 1983 and became one of the biggest blockbusters of the year.It established Sridevi in Bollywood and earned her the famous sobriquet ‘Thunder Thighs’.
Her dance number “Nainon Mein Sapna” became a rage with Rediff stating that “the water pots may have dominated most frames in “Nainon mein sapna”, but it was Sridevi’s bejewelled outfits and headgears that stole the show”.The following year Tohfareleased and turned out to be the biggest hit of 1984.
The film established Sridevi as one of the leading actress of Bollywood.with Filmfaremagazine declaring her “Unquestionably No.1” on their cover.Sridevi went on to star in several films like MawaaliMaqsad and Justice Chaudhry forming a popular onscreen pair with Jeetendra.[3Sadma released in 1983, brought Sridevi critical acclaim.A remake of her Tamil film Moondram PiraiSadma is included in iDiva’s list of ’10 Must Watch Movies That Weren’t Blockbusters’.
Sridevi’s performance as a child-woman suffering from amnesia was called by Indian Express “a milestone in her illustrious career”.[36] Sridevi also featured in the Mid Day list of ‘Challenging Roles played by Bollywood Actors’ describing her act in the film as “her best performance ever”.In 2012, Adil Hussain, Sridevi’s co-star in English Vinglishrevealed that he became a fan of the actress after watching her in Sadma.[38] The Sridevi-Kamal Hasan pair also appeared on the CNN-IBN 2012 list of ‘Greatest Romantic Couples on Celluloid’. The film won Sridevi her first Filmfare nomination for Best Actress.
In 1986, came the snake fantasy Naginawhich saw Sridevi play an ‘ichhadhaari naagin’ or a shape-shifting woman. The film turned out to be the second biggest blockbuster of the year,with Box Office India stating that Sridevi remained “the undisputed No.1”.It was also named one of the best snake fantasy films by Yahoo.
Times of India ranked Nagina as one of the ‘Top 10 Snake Films of Hindi Cinema’.Sridevi’s climax dance number ‘Main Teri Dushman’ also remains one of the best snake dances in Bollywood with Desi Hits calling it “one of Sridevi’s most iconic dance numbers…that still gives fans goose bumps”and iDiva describing it as “the stuff of movie legends”
But now she is history which is immortal. Her demise is SADMA for whole nation. No one can take her position every one will remember all her LAMHE
       SHE WILL REMIAN AMAR