This is what your workplace first aid kit should look like!

Posted by Alisa Ewert
February 9, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Whether you own a large-sized company with hundreds of employees working for you or you run a small store with only 5 people in it; you without a doubt need a workplace first aid kit supply in both conditions. First aid kits are not only ideal for curing small bruises or cuts instantly but are essential for all sorts of medical emergencies when professional medical help is not quickly available.

While emphasizing on the ownership of first aid kits for work is the first step, the second most important one is maintaining it and storing it properly. Using a first aid kit might seem easy but refilling it after taking notes of the used items is mostly overlooked.

Have you ever imagined how the non-availability of a specific medicine can affect an individual going through a medical emergency? Moreover, how bringing that specific medicine from the pharmacy can pose as a threat to his/her life?

All these issues can be eliminated if the first aid kits are supplied by Jim’s test and tag as the kits are fully packed with the essential most medicines, ointments, bandages, and tools. Simply get your set of first aid kits for office as well as vehicle use by contacting them.

How can a First Aid Kit be used?

First aid kit usage doesn’t necessarily need professional medical knowledge, however, a basic know-how is essential. First aid kits can be used at the workplace, outdoors and even inside vehicles.

First aid kits can be used for the following reasons:

• Burns
  • Cuts
  • Abrasions
  • A sore throat
  • Gastrointestinal issues
  • Stings
  • Splinters
  • Sprains
  • Skin problems
  • Allergies

Namely, these are a few issues which can be treated by using a first aid kit, nonetheless, if you own an extensive first aid kit, you can use it for more medical purposes.

How and Where should the Kit be Stored?

The first aid kit should be stored in an accessible area where it is open for all employees for a quick usage. The kit should be placed away from direct sunlight and damp places. It should be placed in a cool, dry area where the medicines and other items do not wear out.

The kit should be stored in an area which is at a central point so that it can be carried to the affected individual within seconds, without delay.

What should the Kit Look Like?

The first aid kit should be marked with a sign and should have bold written ‘FIRST AID KIT’ letters printed on it for an easy identification. The first aid kit should be handy and easy to carry anywhere. While there are different styles of first aid kits, the basic one should have the following items:

• Adhesive tape
  • Anesthetic spray
  • Alcohol Swabs
  • Pain relievers
  • Aspirin
  • Calamine Lotion for rashes and insect bites
  • Packed gauze pads
  • Bandages of different sizes
  • Adhesive quick fix bandages
  • Exam gloves
  • Antibiotic ointment
  • Instant Ice pack
  • Safety pins (large and small)
  • Scissors
  • Towels and tourniquets
  • Tweezers

Maintaining the Kit

Maintaining the kit is the most crucial part. If you use your kit often, it should be someone’s assigned duty to take notes of the used items regularly. As soon as the specific item is used and finished, it should be replaced immediately.

Workplace first aid kit supply should be checked twice a month to make sure all the necessary items are intact and ready for immediate use.