A romantic trip to the hills of Kerala where nature gleams

Posted by lelagoon holidays
March 8, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Mostly honeymoon is all about romance and lover whereas for me it was mostly about travels, holidays, tours and mainly nature. I always wanted to explore the hills and mysterious destinations in Kerala and this dream of mine was finally fulfilled after my marriage. It was on the 23rd of February that I with my husband flew to Kerala to explore Wayanad, a mysterious travel destination in Kerala. It was after too much of research that we decided to trip to Wayanad as the place had everything that we were in search of like nature, climate, beauty and mystery. As the both of us were easier than anything we chose to avail one of the best honeymoon packages that were organised by Le Lagoon Holidays which was one of the best and well-known travel operators in Kerala. On the 23rd of February after a flight of about 2 hrs, we reached the Kochi international airport which was the closest to Wayanad.  At the airport, we met the travel operators who briefed us the travel plans and activities organised. From the Kochi international airport, we started our drive to Wayanad by around 9 am. One of the best parts of touring to the hill stations in Kerala is that most of the destinations are a bit far from the airport and thus you can enjoy a ride exploring the coconut plantations and tasting the Kerala cuisines. Wayanad is at a distance of 4 hrs from the Kochi international airport, after travelling for a while and taking breaks in between we finally reached our destination by around 1.30 pm. As per the plan we were to visit some of the destinations in the place before checking into the hotel rooms. According to the itinerary prepared we were to explore the Chembra peak.

Located not too far from the town of Meppadi and at a distance of 8 km from the south of Kalpetta, the Chembra peak in Wayanad is one of the best destinations for the couples. After travelling for about 30 min we finally reached the place. Trekking was one of the best adventures offered in the place and thus we decided to trek to the top of the peak from where we could enjoy the mesmerising view of the town below. The peak is located towards the border of the Nilgiri slopes in Tamil Nadu and Vallarimala in Kozhikode which is one of the main attractions of the place. After walking for a while we reached our first base, i.e. halfway to the peak where there was a heart-shaped lake. It is mainly this lake that attracts the attention of honeymooners and travellers to the place. It mostly said that even after being such an elevation the lake is full of water throughout the year. After being in the place for a while enjoying the tranquillity of nature and the silence of the place we decided to climb down as we had no much time to spend. By the time we reached back to our car the time was already 5 pm.

After reaching down the peak, we moved on to our 2nd destination of the day the Banasura Sagar Dam. Located at Kalpetta the dam is a must visit destination in Wayanad. After travelling another 30 min we reached the dam which was surrounded by beautiful rich natural beauty. The dam built in the year 1979 was started with the primary aim to meet the need of agriculture in the area and to support the Kakkayam Hydroelectric power project. Our aim behind touring to this destination was to enjoy some adventurous activities offered in the place. After being in the place for a while enjoying the beauty and the climate in the place and boating we started our trip to the hotel.

Located amidst the hills and the valleys of Wayanad the hotel booked for us was the best with all facilities and amenities. It was mainly the interiors and the lighting that attracted me to the hotel. To my surprise, our room was well decorated with rose petals setting up a perfect honeymoon mood. After refreshing and having the dinner we reached back to the hotel room where we had some romantic moments. It was by 11 pm that we finally slept as we had a big day ahead and we had to catch a flight back home that day evening. We woke up by 8.30 am the next days, after refreshing and having the complimentary breakfast we checked out of the room by around 10 am. It was our last day in Wayanad as we had to catch the flight back by evening. As we reached the car we were updated with the itinerary of the day. As per the plan the bamboo forest and the Lakkidi View Point were 2 destinations we were to explore in the area. After travelling for about 30 min we reached our first destination of the day the bamboo forest. The Nilgiri Biosphere Region, in addition, houses a piece of land which is mostly filled with teak timberlands and bamboo trenches. The place offers the travellers with the best view of nature and a honeymoon spot where travellers could enjoy being with each other far from the city and its pollutions. At the place, we enjoyed a wildlife safari spotting deer, buffalo and wild bear in the area. After enjoying the wildlife safari we moved on to our last destination of the day the, Lakkidi Viewpoint.

Located to the peak of the serpentine Thamarassery Ghat pass, the Lakkidi Viewpoint is one of the fascinating travel destinations in Wayanad for couples and honeymooners. One of the main attractions of the place is the mesmerising view that the place provides of the city and nature below. After trekking to the top and enjoying the beauty of the place and the climate we decided to climb back and start our trip back to the Kochi international airports. After travelling for about 4 hrs we reached the airport by 8 pm and then back to our home. Wayanad was one of the best tourist destinations in Kerala for travellers and honeymooners who wish to explore the richness and uniqueness of nature. Even though the place is explored by the domestic travellers, it is not so known among the foreign and overseas travellers. To make Wayanad one of the prominent travel destinations in India a number of packages and projects are organised by the travel and tourism department of the state. The main aim of the projects is to develop Wayanad as a tourist hub offering a number of adventure activities. The place could be explained a perfect destination for a nature tour and the best choice for travellers who wish to escape from the stress and tension of a city life.