FIRST TIME IN MAURITIUS? MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THESE ITEMS ON YOUR ITINERARY

Posted by Racheal Jones
March 5, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Holiday in Mauritius is a holiday of a lifetime, and you can do so by choosing a Mauritius holiday package. The island, located near Madagascar and in the neighborhood of Reunion Island, is known for its fine white sand, great hospitality, tropical climate and copious flora and fauna. If you want to have a fun-filled, magical, adventurous trip with brighter colors, then this beauty is your destination.

Mauritian beaches are indescribable and unimaginable. They are incredibly awesome. As you step on the island, you are filled with an eagerness to explore.

The Republic of Mauritius is made of more than 30 islands and islets, over 100 beaches and innumerable attractions. Bliss for the explorer and probably a concern for the first-timer.

• What to do?

If you want to enjoy Mauritius, then you need to keep your pace a little bit faster. There is so much to do and less time, because Mauritius has a lot to offer.

You can admire the soothing sunrise from the top of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, snorkel around a desert island, enjoy a peaceful evening in the spa and dine out on a romantic beach at night.

Below are few things mentioned that you must definitely try when visiting Mauritius.

• Skydiving
  • Parasailing
  • Surfing
  • Walk with lion
  • Horse riding
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Birdwatch
  • Snorkeling
  • Trekking
  • Island Hopping
  • Street food
  • Nightlife and shopping
  • Rum tasting and much more.

Here we have listed the top most places that you must include in your Mauritian itinerary:

• Must-see places:
  • Le Morne

Found in the South of the island, Le Morne Brabant, a scarcely inhabited place, is a World Heritage Site. Here you get to see Le Morne mountains, a single peak encapsulating so much Mauritian history in it. The mountain was the place, for slaves, to escape from their masters. The place it’s full of nice viewpoints.

• Chamarel

Chamarel is an attractive spot for the visitors as you get to witness the seven colored earth and the highest waterfall of Mauritius. The Chamarel falls, are impressive as it hits the pool 100 meters below. The seven colored earth is distinctive and fascinating as here are the sand dunes of different colors including red, purple and brown. This phenomenon is due to the cooling off volcanic rocks, at a different temperature, which resulted in dunes of different colors.

• Ile Aux Cerfs

Ile Aux Cerfs is located off its east coast, with spectacular white sandy beaches, swaying palm trees and all shades of blue water. It is one of the main attraction of Mauritius. You can enjoy your time relaxing on the beach, feeding you taste buds with delicious food, even a BBQ and have an amazing aerial view of the Isle through parasailing.

• Grand Basin

Grand Basin, an extinct volcano, is the most sacred Hindu place in Mauritius. Now, it is a lake high up in the mountains about 1800 feet above sea level. Here you can visit Lord Shiva temple. The people of the island believe, the holy water, River Ganges is filled in the lake. A majestic 108-foot statue of Lord Shiva brings a touch of uniqueness to the spot.

These are a few must-visit places on the island. You’ll experience a great time exploring Mauritian beaches, jungles and historical places. You can also visit Champ de Mars in Port Louis, La Roche qui pleasure / Le Souffleur, Château de Labourdonnais, Pamplemousses Botanical Garden, La Vanille Crocodile Park and Black River Gorges National Park. You should definitely include these items in your itinerary. So book your Mauritius tour packages today and make sure that you book your air tickets online beforehand.