How To Download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number

Posted by priyanka Chabbra
March 7, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Aadhaar Card is a 12 digit unique identification number which is backed by the Government of India andissued by UIDAI (Unique identification Authority of India). Aadhaar card is issued to every citizen of India. This document works as a proof of identification and also residential proof. The process of getting an Aadhaar card has to be done offline by visiting the enrolment center. Once the process is done, you can download it online.

In this article, we will discuss the process of downloading Aadhaar card by using Aadhaar number.

Steps to Download Aadhaar Card by Aadhaar Number?

Follow the below mentioned steps to download the Aadhaar Card online:

1. Visit the official website of e – Aadhaar Card
  2. Enter the Aadhaar Number
  3. Provide your full name as mentioned on the Aadhaar and this needs to be followed by the PIN code in the next column. Your Full Name should match as per the Aadhaar records. The PIN Code should also be the same that you have used during the Aadhaar enrolment
  4. Enter security code from the image displayed above
  5. Click on “Get OTP (One Time Password)” and you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
  6. Enter the mobile number and click on validate and download button
  7. The Aadhaar will be downloaded in a PDF file and the file is protected by the password. The password of the file was the Pin Code of your residential address but now it is changed.

How to take a print out of the Aadhaar Card once downloaded?

1. Open the downloaded file using Acrobat Reader in PDF format
  2. Once the file is opened, you can print via CTRL + P (short cut for print command) or by clicking on the ‘Print’ option present on the file menu of Acrobat Reader.

The process of printing an original and a duplicate Aadhaar card online is the same. If you have lost your Aadhaar card, then you can print a duplicate card by following the steps mentioned above. If you do not remember your Aadhaar number and Enrolment ID, you can get it online on the website of UIDAI.