Irrfan Khan: A Magnum Opus

Posted by Sonal Vyas
March 7, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Dear and respected sir,

It is very rare that we find artists who win hearts by their humaneness and create around them an aura of positivity and progress. You are indeed a living example of what Magnum Opus of an actor should be – extremely expressive and yet natural. I heard that you are lately suffering from a rare disease. Diseases often tend to make a body weak, but it makes a mind weak of only those who choose to submit to it.

I know it is difficult to live a life with a disease, but it is more difficult to live a life with a life-threatening disease – knowing that one’s end is very near. Seeing the death coming is more painful than dying. But what is most painful for a legend is to realize that with death, all that he learnt till date, he will have to unlearn everything. The process of initiating a reverse mode in life is the toughest implication of knowledge of dying.

But I want you to know that life is a succession of moments. It calls for the zeal to learn and live with a hope that you’ll get another successive moment to exhibit the learning. You have indeed earned a special place in all your admirers’ hearts and we hope for your faster recovery, and the desire to see next exhibition of your masterpiece. May you have all the strength to fight the fear of dying. Even when you are undergoing treatment, just close your eyes and visualize a cancer-patient themed movie starring the Irrfan Khan which your fans will be waiting in their successive moments to cherish.

Wish you all the great and promising health.

Lots of love and regards.

Sonal