Now, The Campaign To Break The Statues

Posted by Prince Verma
March 11, 2018

Blind faith in the Modi government can turn out to be very harmful to India in the future, especially for its youth.

According to NDTV, “Two statues of Lenin pulled down in two south Tripura towns 50 km away, Belonia and Sabroom, set off a string of statue vandalism this week across the country, amid concern that the tit-for-tat could get out of hand. This was one of the reasons for the Home Ministry to scramble into action and send out two advisories within a gap of hours to nudge states to deal sternly with such vandals.”

After Lenin’s statue was removed in Tripura and Periyar’s statue was vandalised in Tamil Nadu, statues of B.R. Ambedkar were vandalised and damaged in parts of Uttar Pradesh. At least four such incidents have been reported from Aligarh and Meerut in the past two days. The latest incident was reported from the Mawana area of Meerut, where an Ambedkar statue was damaged early on Wednesday. It led to an agitated group of Dalits protesting and blocking the main road. and in a similar incident, a statue of Mahatma Gandhi was also damaged in Thaliparamba area of Kannur district in Kerala, ANI reported.

It’s very shameful for our great country and our Indian government to sit by and watch this as a spectacle. Our Indian culture never supported these violent activities.

Indian politics is falling way below the line. While somebody says that the Taj Mahal is not Indian heritage, Maharashtra has removed Mughal history from its syllabus. After the UP election, Chief Minister Yogi Aditya Nath’s proposed to rename the iconic Mughal Sarai railway station near Varanasi to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya (DDU) station after the Jan Sangh leader who died in 1968. The proposal was given in a bid to revive Upadhyaya’s legacy. This means that they think India means Hinduism.

They never think favor of Dalits, Harijan and poor and Indian youth. They think of only corporates like Ambani and Adani, Nirav Modi, Kingfishers owner Vijay Mallya. They forget Indian farmer’s condition. The current government’s only focus is on Hinduism.