This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Hruday Chand Reddy. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Top Places to Visit in Yercaud

More from Hruday Chand Reddy

Yercaud

Yercaud is a beautiful hill station in Salem district of Tamil Nadu. The misty hills, spectacularviewpoints,and abundance of tourist attractions making this sleepy hill station a mesmerizing holiday destination and also one of the popular tourist places to visit in Tamilnadu. Yercaud is known for its plantations of coffee, orange, jackfruit, guava, cardamom and black pepper. Yercaud is a destination that can be explored during a romantic honeymoon, family vacations, or while vacationing with friends. As part of the Shevaroy range of hills in the Eastern Ghats, Yercaud has several tourist places to explore. Here are some top places to visit in Yercaud.

Yercaud Lake

Yercaud Lake is a natural lake situated in the heart of Yercaud town. Popularly known as Emerald Lake, this lake is the only natural lake among all the hill station lakes in South India and also one of the best Yercaud tourist places. Flanked by lofty hills and natural shoals, the Emerald Lake is a wonderful site and provides stunning, panoramic views of the hills and lush green lawns of this quaint hill station. There is also a floating fountain in the lake which increases the appeal of the garden. Apart from this, tourists can also enjoy a wide range of activities at the lake, including boating. The Deer Park and Leisure Park located on the banks of the Big Lake also attract a number of tourists to enjoy some peaceful moments in serenity.

Servaroyan Temple

Shevaroyan Temple is a famous Hindu temple situated atop Shevaroyan hill in Yercaud town of Tamil Nadu. Situated at an altitude of 5326 feet, this is the highest point in Yercaud Hills and also one of the best places to visit in Yercaud. Built via the ancient tribes of Yercaud, this cave temple is devoted to Lord Shevaroyan and Goddess Kaveri. It is a not unusual belief a few of the locals that Goddess Kaveri is assumed to be the mother or father deity of the sixty seven villages positioned around Yercaud. As the temple is situated at the highest point of the Servaroyan range, it offers the most pristine view of the Mettur Dam and its surrounding plains. The path leading to this holy Servaroyan temple is awe-inspiring and extremely enthralling.

Botanical Garden

Botanical Garden is picturesque well laid garden in the Yercaud town of Tamil Nadu. Housing various exotic species of flowers and plants, the Botanical Garden is a must visit place for nature lovers and also one of the top places to visit in Yercaud. The garden is divided in to different sections like foliage garden, topiary garden, bonsai garden, butterfly garden, herbal garden, rock garden, water garden and sensory garden. The garden houses an Orchidarium and a green house. It is the third largest Orchidarium in India and also one of two Orchidariums run by the Botanical Survey of India. Apart from orchids, there is also an amazing range of rare plants and flowers in the garden. The spectacular ‘Insect Eating Pitcher’ plants and the ‘Neelakurinji’ plant those blooms once in twelve years are the pride of this orchid garden.

Lady’s Seat

Lady’s Seat is a cluster of rocks formed naturally in the shape of a seat on the South West of Shevaroy hills in Yercaud. Located very close to Pagoda Point, Lady’s Seat is one of the prime Yercaud tourist places and also one of the most scenic places in Yercaud. There is a watch tower equipped with telescope so as to enjoy the beautiful view of Mettur Dam and Salem town. The view from Lady’s Seat is more spectacular at night with thousands of light twinkling in Salem town. Lady’s Seat also offers the stunning views of the sunset.

Pagoda Point

Pagoda Point is one of the popular viewpoints located in Yercaud. The place has got its name due to the presence of four piles of stones that have been arranged in the shape of a pyramid which resembles the temple tower and is said to be built by the local tribes. Also known as Pyramid Point, Pagoda Point is the correct getaway to embrace the thoughts with solace and tranquillity. Pagoda Point offers the maximum sprawling outlook of Yercaud and its enthralling environment. The perspective offers extremely good dawn and sunset perspectives. Tourists can enjoy beautiful perspectives of the metropolis of Salem together with Kakambadi village from this point.

More from Hruday Chand Reddy

By Juwel Chowdhury

By Sheikh