I Write Because This Is The Only Way I Can Connect With People

Writing was never my cup of tea or maybe I never thought about it. But it started in my school days as a team effort with my girls. It was a horrible writing skill then that we started with. However, growing up older made me realize the value of words. While growing older (not so old yet) I came across many unacceptable situations, behaviour, questions, traditions and people. Sceptical and wanted to fight back for the rights and justice. Perhaps, a physical fight was not possible. And keeping silent was also not in my blood. With all these dilemmas and situations, my writing skill grew and it became a strong platform that let me express sometimes my emotions and sometimes what is others are going through.

It happens at times when my poems are more clear then my conversations. Through writing, I could connect to anyone and can openly talk about the menstrual cycle to childbirth, from hidden pad story to how to dispose of a pad. From describing family abuse to rape cases around the world. From showcasing the dirty politics of the corporate world to learning basics of labour law. Writing allowed me to drone everywhere.

Dealing with much uncertain behaviour, people and situations, I also realized that getting aggressive will not always help. Apparently, I read one quote ” Don’t raise your voice, raise your content”. This quote motivated me to write the truth in a simplified manner.