PM Modi & Xi Jinping Agree To Not Let Doklam Repeat Again

During Modi’s recent visit to China, he spent nine hours talking to Chinese President Xi Jinping.

PM Modi and China’s President Xi Jinping decided not to let something like Doklam happen again and agreed upon giving their armies “strategic directions”. Both armies will try to improve talks and trust between themselves.

This comes as a shock to Pakistan too as both the leaders agreed to work on projects in Afghanistan together. This might be worrying for Pakistan as Pakistan opposes the entry of India in Afghanistan.

Modi was greeted by Chinese musicians who performed the 1982 song “Tu, tu hai wahi dil ne jise apna kaha (you are the one my heart holds as its own)”.

Both the countries promised to work together on maintaining the world order. Both agreed to respect each other’s worries and to peacefully handle them through talks.

They also promised to work on improving tourism, cleaning the Ganges and also promote both country’s films. Terrorism is a threat to both countries and they will support each other on this issue.

There were no direct talks about the ‘One Belt One Road’ initiative and Doklam but both China and India have agreed to try and resolve issues peacefully.