A University In Bihar Prints Picture Of Woman In Lingerie On Admit Card; Shocks Candidate

Posted by shakeel ahmad in Campus Watch, News, Specials
April 14, 2018

We used to grumble at the unexpected change in our photos on the voter’s identity card. But now, a different experience has come to pass with a college applicant’s photo. An examinee of Bihar’s LN Mithila University received her admit card bearing a woman’s picture in a lingerie.

This was quite embarrassing for the girl appearing for the graduation-level part-3 examinations. It must have been very unpleasant for her indeed. When she was probably grappling with the exam-time anxiety, that kind of sudden alteration in her admit card photo would have made her even more nervous.

The examinee was a Home Science (Honours) student of SMJ College at Khadejih in Madhubani, about 145 km away from Patna. She lodged a formal complaint with the LNM University authorities, pleading for a fresh admit card carrying her photo.

On the other hand, the college administration absolved itself of all blame by stating that all the examination related issues were dealt by the university online.

In an effort to take stock of the situation, the university’s examination controller directed the people concerned to immediately change the picture with that of the examinee.

The onus of that erroneous act ultimately fell on the agency which was roped in to issue the admit card online. A written clarification was also sought from the agency concerned. This blunder, in my opinion, was caused due to some grave lapse at a level – and that needs to be identified.

_

Image used for representative purposes only.

Featured image source: Manoj Dhaka / Hindustan Times via Getty Images