This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Team Exambazaar. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Top Private Law Colleges In India 2018

LL.B. or Bachelor of Legislative Law is a law degree that is chosen by students who aspire to pursue challenging law careers. Law is one of the most sought-after career domains in India; its popularity can be perceived by the numbers of candidates appearing for the prestigious CLAT examination every year. The number of CLAT applicants have increased from 10,500 in 2008 to 50,676 in 2017, an increase of 18% annually! It can be attributed to the fact that the 3 year LL.B. or the 5 year B.A.LL.B. degrees open up a plethora of career opportunities in traditional criminal law, corporate law or niche law fields like bankruptcy or entertainment law.

Hence, it is not surprising that the competition to get into the Best Law Colleges in India is increasing exponentially. While NLUs have traditionally topped the overall rankings for top law colleges in India, private law colleges are not far behind. Several top private law colleges in India are in fact better than a few NLUs. Thus, along with CLAT and AILET, you should aim for law entrance exams for these private colleges which have their own exams. An added benefit is that you don’t need to put all your eggs in one basket!

Without further ado, here’s a peek into the Top 10 Private Law Colleges in India approved by the Bar Council of India.

Top 10 Private Law Colleges in India

1. Symbiosis Law School, Pune

Known For: Inter institute credit courses which enable its students to choose courses from other faculties like liberal arts, business school, etc.

• Admission through: SET Law exam
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.12,00,000
  • UG Intake: 360

Established in 1977, Symbiosis Law School or SLS is affiliated to the Symbiosis International University, Pune. The faculty is highly qualified and invites guest foreign faculties from renowned universities to facilitate learning.

2. New Law College, Pune

Known For: Rare collection of biographies of legends and legal databases, and guest lectures by the Judges and Advocates of Supreme Court and High Courts

• Admission through: LL.B. Entrance Test conducted in Pune, New Delhi, Navi Mumbai, Jodhpur, Indore, Lucknow & Jaipur.
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.3,75,000
  • UG Intake: 600

Established in 1978, New Law College is affiliated to the Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune and is A+ Accredited institute by NAAC. The college imparts practical training by organising national and international level moot courts in its premises, like the Justice P.N Bhagwati International Moot Court Competition and Surana and Surana National moot court in the college itself.

3. Army Institute of Law, Mohali

Known For: Co-circulars activities which help improve CV, Scholarships and Placements ranging from 5lac pa to 15lac pa

• Admission through: AILET
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.4,00,000
  • UG Intake: 80 (Reservations: 60 seats for Army category, 16 seats for Punjab Category and 4 for Civilians from All India category)

Established in 1999, Army Institute of Law is affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala. The institute has a student-teacher ratio of 30:1, and promotes law studies through Moot court society, Research society and Debating society. Extra-curricular activities are encouraged through separate Sports and Cultural committees.

4. Amity Law School, Delhi

Known For:  Good infrastructure, strict attendance system, and academic excellence

• Admission through: IPU CET LLB Examination
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.3,35,800
  • UG Intake: 300

Established in 2006, Amity Law School is affiliated to the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. The college organises Amity National Moot court competition to inculcate practical and legal insights among participating students. Prominent overseas employers include   Rele & Becker LLC (New York), Herbert Smith (Singapore & UK), Allen Overy LLP (UK), Ashurst (UK), Tan Kok Quan (Singapore), Philips (Singapore), Clyde & Co. (Dubai), Tornio (Italy) & World Trade Institute, Switzerland.

5. Institute of Law, Ahmedabad

Known For:  Guest talks by Senior Advocates and Judges of The Supreme Court of India and intensive Moot Court Training from the first year itself

• Admission through: CLAT
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.2,33,400
  • UG Intake :120

Established in 2007, Institute of Law is affiliated to the Nirma University, Ahmedabad. Accredited “A” grade by NAAC, the college gives equal emphasis on academic orientation and systematic training programs. Students are taught in air-conditioned theatre classrooms with advanced teaching aids and assisted with an extensive library and learning resource centre with all advanced online legal databases.

6. Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat

Known For:  Student led activities, cross-college electives, regular visits by eminent personalities

• Admission through: LSAT
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.26,25,000
  • UG Intake :420

Established in 2009, Jindal Global Law School is affiliated to the OP Jindal Global University, Sonipat. Being one of the most expensive institutes, the Jindal Global Law School enjoys overseas academic tie-ups with multiple international colleges, including Ivy Leagues, for student exchange programs including semester exchanges and JD programs.

7. School Of Law, Christ University, Bangalore

Known For: Expansive digital library which is spread across 4 floors containing over 55,000 books

• Admission through: Christ University Law Entrance Exam (CULEE)
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.3,30,000
  • UG Intake: 700

Established in 2006, School of Law is affiliated to the Christ University, Bangalore. The college organises national and international moot court and client counselling competitions to train its students. The college has over 20 different committees, ranging from Debating society, IPR, criminal law, media law, dramatics, sports etc. to encourage its students to work towards areas of interest beyond the traditional Law school curriculum.

8. MS Ramaiah College of Law, Bangalore

Known For: Strict disciplinary rules and an attendance system, and helpful faculty

• Admission through: CLAT
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.68,225
  • UG Intake: 120

Established in 1995, MS Ramaiah College of Law is affiliated to the  Karnataka State Law University, Hubli. The course curriculum is divided into 10 semesters with the core law subjects taught from the fifth semester, the college has legal Aid cell, debating society and a moot court federation for overall student learning.

9. ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad

Known For: Placements in reputed organisations

• Admission through: CLAT & ILSAT (ICFAI Law School Admission Test)
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.8,75,000
  • UG Intake: 120

Established in 2010, ICFAI Law School is affiliated to the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad. Prominent companies visiting the campus include Amarchand Mangaldas, Aurobindo, HDFC Bank, Mindcrest and QuisLex.

10. KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar

Known For: First law school in India offering specialized honours courses in Constitutional Law, Business Law, International Law, Crime and Criminology, Intellectual Property Law and Taxation Law

• Admission through: KIITEE Law entrance exam
  • Total Course Fees: Rs.26,25,000
  • UG Intake :900

Established in 2007, KIIT School of Law is affiliated to the Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University, Bhubaneswar.  The institute offers admission to eligible candidates to its BA LLB, BBA LLB and B.Sc. LLB Programs.

We hope this list will help ease your decision about college admissions! While attempting different examinations increases your chances of getting into the best law colleges, it is very important for you to prepare for these exams with complete dedication. Preparing for CLAT and other law entrance exams needs a focused strategy as most of you would attempt the exam along with boards. A disciplined routine giving time to regular studies and mock test practice helps an aspirant crack law entrance exams. Here’s a detailed CLAT Preparation Strategy by Aditya Shrivastava, an NLU grad and ex-faculty at CLAT coaching classes, that you may find helpful. One preparation hack we highly recommend is attempting Previous Year CLAT Question Papers. Every paper will help you learn from your mistakes and will familiarize you with exam pressure. This will help you be confident on the exam day!

Good Luck!

1. KamalikaSome

This is such a comprehensive list, while NLIU’S are always on the top list of a law aspirant, this list for top private colleges is surely going to help and guide law aspirants to choose the best institute for their law career.
    #Law #LawExams2018 #LawCollegeRankings #CLAT

2. Puneet Raj

BBA LLB is one the best course to make a brighter future in the of law. Quantum University Roorkee is amongst those colleges in India from where you can achieve your goals by studying BBA LLB.During the course, students get to know of how law and business work. You will have regular assignments, presentations, so that you are able to deal with and apply your mind and knowledge approach to problems.You can your career in multinational companies to national and international law firms. After starting their jobs, students find no difficulty whatsoever in the work process and fit competitively in the job environment.Fee structure at Quantum University is less than other Law colleges while you get everything here. Faculty is well experienced who is always ready to help students. Food is good here and the menu is decided by students itself.Famous toursit and holy places like Rishikesh,Haridwar and the queen of hills are nearby campus.

More from Team Exambazaar

By Imran Hasib

By Meemansa Narula

By Harshita Solanki