Trump’s Plan To Withdraw H-4 Visa Rules Could Irk Indian Spouses

The Trump administration is contemplating ending H-4 visas. H-4 visas allow the spouses of H-1B visa holders to work in the US. This move would be hurtful, hasty and unkind.

Of the H-4 visa holders, 94% were women and out of them, 93% were Indian. The Trump administration’s plan to end them would adversely affect the lives of many Indian workers. It is estimated that the move could have an impact on 70,000 H-4 visa holders.

Earlier this year, the Congress had mocked the Prime Minister’s ‘hugplomacy’  when dealing with foreign leaders. Rahul Gandhi once again took a shot at the PM by pointing out that Modi’s hugs had not been good enough to secure the H-4 visas of Indians.

The American president Donald Trump has his own particular whims. A hug could surely win so many things but the Trump administration may still go ahead and deprive Indians of the H-4 visa.

This fact is what concerns the Congress President Rahul Gandhi. That is why he is very critical of Modi and his hugging policy which remain ineffective in stopping Trump’s proposal.

Do you find online payments safe?

Take this survey and help companies and the government make online payments safer for you.

Take the Survey