Delhi is the city of wonders and you would never get enough of that place once you enter its boundaries. For the residents of Bangalore or Chennai, this is going to be a whole new experience. Booking Bangalore to Delhi flights is going to be cheaper especially in winter. The cheap Bangalore to Delhi flights can be booked from many sites but first compare the prices from different sites available.
- Choose Winter Season: Not many people can cope up with the heat of Delhi especially in May-June. You can avoid sunburns and humidity by choosing winter season to be the time of your journey. The chilly winter mornings cannot be better than having a khulladvali chai (hot tea in clay cup). For getting the varieties of tea and coffee you should prefer south Delhi.
- Bottled Water: First and foremost rule – never ever take water from strangers and don’t leave your half empty bottle somewhere. It isn’t safe for you and other people as well because of some unwanted antisocial elements. If you don’t want to ruin your trip by suffering from upset stomach then always take bottled water with you and replace it only when it gets over. Crush and throw the water bottle in the dustbin.
- Pepper and Bug spray: It might be the case that you might find bug in the room where you are staying. Also, on the road, especially ladies, you can carry pepper spray to deal with the pest of all sorts (if you know what I mean)! The city is great during mornings but there is nothing wrong in keeping yourself safe during night travels.
- Metro Train and Ride-sharing: There are many taxi ride apps and they have come up with the plan of share rides which is actually a very economic option to go for. You can also take metro card/pass which can be bought at 200 INR and the money gets refunded once you return the card. Opt for Ola and Uber and never hesitate in using the coupons that are provided by them. Metros function from 12-4:30 pm and 8-11 pm and if you travel in the timings other than these then you might have to take cab options or otherwise the metro ride is more than enough.
- Smart Choice of Accommodation: You shouldn’t take the first hotel that you come across. There are services like Oyo rooms which provide rooms at the very last minute also and they are affordable enough. You should be smart enough to check up for the options other than just the mainstream.
- Dress-code: There is nothing such as attire code but it’s preferable to dress more decently and modestly. Tis advice is especially for ladies because of the latest news that have been reported. Pick a comfortable and yet decent dresses for yourself so that you are free to roam around without coming into someone’s attention.
Delhi is really a very good city but still you need to keep few things in mind before going there. The points mentioned above are enough to survive and have a great time after you book your Bangalore to Delhi flight!
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.