Reputation goes hand in hand with a business or a brand or an image of a person. In today’s time and age, reputation can either make or break down any of these. With an increase in the usage of social media, status equally becomes essential. A company that has built its image over the years can meet the end of the road, owing to one wrong move.
This is where reputation management experts come into existence. They not only manage the repute of the company but also provide various strategies that are not just restricted to offline but expand to online as well.
Let’s crackdown what are the online and offline Reputation Management strategies that can be put to use:
Online Reputation Management Strategies: The internet wave has been one of the major reasons for the rat race amongst businesses today. One small error can bring down the reputation of the brands or companies or businesses or image of a popular personality.
So how does one tackle the negativity when they are caught in a scoop? Here are some online Reputation Management Strategies:
- Monitoring Online reputation: First and foremost, it is necessary to understand the grievance of the matter. One can do so by checking the reviews of their brand or company. This is like a reality check. This will help to understand where your company stands in the market and why people have a negative opinion, which is easily available through Google search.
- Social Media: Those hashtags and social mentions would keep cropping over Twitter and Facebook. One way to calm the agony of the users is by responding to their comments swiftly. This would assure the trust of the user over the company once again.
- Blogs: Another way for the resurgence is blogs. SEOs love blogs and what better way to get yourself back on the top of the page. This would help to maintain powerful leverage for your brand that can be used whenever a negative comment floats around in the market again.
Offline Reputation Management Strategies: So, in this digital age how does one opt for non-digital Reputation Management Strategies? Depending on a Public Relation Officer solely would not suffice. Thankfully, there are more strategies in place:
- Word of Mouth: Let’s not forget, before the print media and digital era began, there was Word of Mouth. News were spread like wildfire from one village to the other. When one customer gets happy with the services, the other spreads it across.
- Satisfaction of customers: Even today with the onset of sale, the customers run to their favourite shops. Sales, freebies still work as the best way to win the heart of the customers.
- Keeping the audience in touch with the brand: Who said engaging audience online was the only means to keep them engaged? Let’s roll back to the days of door to door surveys. Or maybe comment cards, that allows the consumers to express their views about the company or business or brand.
These Reputation Management Strategies, if used effectively, could help to rebuild the lost months/years of success of the company.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.