This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Krishna Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The Karnataka Floor Test Was Not A Victory For The People’s Democracy

More from Krishna Singh

#KarnatakaFloorTest was not a victory for the people or the people’s democracy. It was a victory for the bourgeois democracy, which needs various political parties with some visible differences to hoodwink people – just like the Congress, BJP, and their various allies from the past and the present! Their economic policies are similar too. The only difference being in the extent to which they serve the ruling class, by indulging in corrupt practices to loot public funds ‘legally’ and ‘illegally’.

Today, many ‘pseudo-progressive’ parties are hailing the Congress-JD(S) victory as a restoration of democracy. There cannot be a worse hypocrisy than this. After all, many members of such parties have, on numerous occasions, denounced the Congress and the BJP as ‘bhai-bhai’, especially when it came to corruption. Many cadres of the CPI(M), the CPI, and AAP volunteers are part of this crowd mentality.

Who is really happy with the situation today? In my opinion, it is the big capitalists, financiers, MNCs, FDIs and their ilk. I believe that these entities are the real ones who are anti-India – and that includes the RSS, to be honest.

On the other side, unemployment is rising – and it has become a chronic problem. The society is being divided rampantly. The moral value of people is steadily going down – something which is perhaps shown by the attitude and the activities of the nation’s lawmakers. Education is being used only to create fresh batches of clerks or civil servants. On the other hand, funds for education and health services are being curtailed. We are witnessing homelessness, and the pauperisation of the lower-middle class, the farmers and the traders as well.

Pseudo-intellectuals are busy cursing crony capitalism, while reviving pure and beautiful capitalism. ‘Industrial capital’ is being subjugated to ‘finance capital’. In fact, fictitious capital, expected to be 6.5 times more than the real wealth on earth, has become the master of humanity, whose hardworking members created this monster.

Well, in my opinion, nothing much can be expected from these pseudo-progressive forces, and the so-called ‘social democrats’ – who are, in reality, against the working class and the concept of revolution.

The idea of a revolution is understood by the workers and farmers who really need it. They are uniting in India, and all the world over. They are ready to sacrifice their all for it, as they know that only a revolution will alter the existing production relations. Any change in the circulation of commodities, post production, is only a cosmetic change and can never lead to a revolution.

These people know that only a revolution will free them from the hegemony of capital and restore their humanity which they lost many ages back, after the emergence of the idea of ‘private property’.

More from Krishna Singh

By Mn Noyon

By Arvind Kumar

By Priyanka Jaiswal