This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by rashmi adwani. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Life through the eyes of a mother

More from rashmi adwani

Let’s all remember when we had to distribute 3 apples among 4 people way back in time, everybody ogling at the ripping oozing juice that dribbles from the edge where the sharp knife moved few moments ago and marked its useful purpose. Do you not recall how suddenly mom did not have any liking of the fruit, and then she goes on to justify after you beg her to stay and eat that she had always hated it; its core existence? How apples never make her happy or she ate a few moments back at her friend’s place?  How she then turns to explain that she never liked this fruit or how she just had her lunch that hasn’t left her a space of even a slice, or how she feels so full and done with it the last time she ate it? There was never an end to her stories she made up. And even after all these years, the same story ends up with the same end. YES! mothers can be overly dramatic, but you know this sacrifice, this lie, this baseless explanation that she came up with just so that no one else gets left out, just because she could not bear the thought that her children would not get to eat if she stays and she just doesn’t want you to remain empty stomach because of her is everything that motherhood stands for.

Every woman has her heart on a plate for her child. Not even her husband but her child. You can scream at her for no reason and she’d still inquire about whether you’ve had your food or not, she asks you to if you haven’t and then make you eat even more if you already have. A mother is a heavenly goddess in human form. A mother does a lot even when it looks like she is idle. She has her heart beating inside of her that constantly looks for the best for her children. It’s during the first day of pregnancy that a woman’s heart changes its factory setting of pumping blood to pumping love all over.

A working woman’s life gets stood up by the brink once she turns a mother. The first time she looks at her baby she he forgets everything and adverts her eyes to the toddler laying peacefully in her arms, sucking on her breasts and whimpering occasionally. She is not bothered by any of it for a long long period of time. She knows it for well that her work, her job, her future hangs somewhere and is suffering but then she is least caring. Her world then revolves around her kid, her husband, her family, her responsibilities as a mother, the groceries she must pick up next, the number of frequently changing dry-cleaners, awfully often mall visits for products on sale; with huge discounts, the medicines she forgot on the kitchen cabinet of her mother-in-law. And even if she makes it back, to her own personal life she led some time back so efficiently to which she now hurries in making it home on time with her boss breathing down her neck, the constant bickering of her relatives, but even then, even after all this there’s not a single time that you would see her complaining about the life she is leading. She goes on and learns to live with. She just accepts it with a kind heart just because her motherly instinct doesn’t let her do much now.

It’s no piece of cake trust me when you ask a women how she manages to leave her child for office, for long hours, for unscheduled meetings, for uncalled office tantrums and she just looks right into your eyes, sighs and tells you how difficult it is for her to do it every single day, how she absolutely hates it but manages to hide it, she replies to you to which you have no reply back. It truly is not easy being a mom and truth be told, apart from a moderate sex life, there’s something more every woman likes to be used for.

A mother remains a mother be it a homemaker or a business tycoon. They should be respected regardless.

AUTHOR’S BIO 

Rashmi Adwani based in Mumbai has been writing for various healthcare units. Her articles are mostly about the health awareness. Her interest in forming a strong perception around topics which need awareness is responsible for many  articles. She is currently working with INFORM CLINICS  to create awareness among masses about health.

More from rashmi adwani

By Juwel Chowdhury

By Sheikh