Youth Ki Awaaz is undergoing scheduled maintenance. Some features may not work as desired.

Make Your App More Than Secure With These Best App Security Practices

Posted by Pratik Kanada
May 19, 2018

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The entire process of app development is equally important, but the phase where you should be putting the major emphasis is security. If you see your app ranking high at the app store, there should not be any teeny weeny chances of the security flaws in the app. Have you ever been to house hunting? You get a nice house at an affordable price, but in an area which is not safe and secure, would you fall for buying such house? Of course, no. Right? People place security on the top-notch keeping every other factor on the side. No one would want to install an app on their mobile device which is accompanied by the security flaws. There is a risk of personal information going public with flaws in app security. To earn money online in India also you have to keep security. No one would want to have such an app on their phone. So, must be faffing what are the best practices to make your app full-fledged secure.

Security is not a layer to be added at the end of the development, it’s an ongoing process to be adapted at each and every phase of the development. From authentication to authorization from communication to data sharing, security must be integrated at every stage.

1) Create app protections

One of the best practices for mobile app development, security is framing the strategies like binary hardening, code obfuscation, API encryption, and app code encryption. Yes, you heard it right, these are the things you need to integrate to keep your app secure. The coding of the app must have input validation abilities if the app is going to accept the data from the external sources. This will avoid the possibilities of code injection. What else you should integrate into the app for added security is session timeout. This will help in eliminating usage of non-secure socket layer and also the non-TLS links with the outside servers.

Some of the other techniques to be integrated into the mobile app are debugger restrictions, trace checking, and tamper detection. Mobile application development is a field that goes under constant changes and hence developers should be on the go to evolve the security measures as quickly as the trends do.

2) Focus on Back-end system

If it is about the business apps, then they should be connected with minimum one of the back-end system which can be one of the reasons for exposing the app to some of the vulnerabilities. Developers should deeply check all the back-end system which the mobile app is going to use to evaluate the possible risks and also focus majorly on the API which is supporting the app connectivity. Developers should focus on the protection of several elements, including an application server, files, database management, network connection and other data stores. Developers should act like a pro and must encrypt the entire data even if it is hidden behind a corporate firewall. When you are working on your Mac OS and an App stops responding, You need to Force Quit Mac and restart it again which is a big problem as your work will be lost if you have not saved it.

3) Be alert while using third-party services

Being a mobile app development company, if you are planning to make use of outside servers, then you should double check those services meet your security requirements. Check on the how the third party aids in securing the data and integrating the privacy factor. If you find it satisfactory, then only make use of it in your app. The security layer must also be added to any of the API that entails connectivity between the apps and other services. This is to ensure that the services are not giving access to any sensitive part of the app.