This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Vatsalya Vanapalli. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Uniquely Talented Indians You Should Know About

Usually, we come across news and gossip related to many eminent personalities like actors, entrepreneurs, politicians, etc. But did you know that there are many other people in our country who are known for their uniqueness, but are not very popular? Here is a list of some of the people you should know about.

1. The Statue Man Of India

A statue in a golden Indian traditional attire welcomes you as you step into the VGP Golden Resort, located in Chennai. Surprisingly, it is a living human statue. Abdul Haziz, India’s statue man, spends six hours of the day standing like a statue without even blinking his eyes and doesn’t consume food or water during his work hours. The resort management announced a cash reward of ₹10,000 for whoever succeeds in making him laugh. Numerous tourists visit the resort just to try but in the end, they leave after taking a selfie with him. He has been working for 31 years and till now, no one succeeded in making him move.

2. The Turban Man           

Avtar Singh Mauni wears the heaviest turban in the world – it is 645 meters long and weights about 45kg.In addition to the fabric, he also wears ornaments on it, which makes the turban weigh around 85 kgs. This person spends six hours a day to wrap the cloth around his head. Above all, he is expected to break the record of the current Guinness World Record holder – Major Singh, who wears a 400m turban.

3. The Monkey Man

Climbing the tall walls and stones of Chitradurga fort in Karnataka, Jyothi Raj attracted a large audience and thus earned the titles of the ‘monkey man of India’ and the ‘Spider-Man of India’. He also climbed Jog falls in Karnataka and Moorusavir Math in Hubli and his videos went viral on Indian channels and YouTube. Unlike other adrenaline junkies, he doesn’t use any safety harness.

4. Modern Shah Jahan

As we know, the Taj Mahal, which was built by Shah Jahan for his wife, is known to be a symbol of eternal love. Similarly, we have another person who is building a “monument of love” for his wife. Faizul Hasan Quadri, a retired postmaster of Bulandshahar district in Uttar Pradesh state, is constructing the ‘Quadri Taj’ in the memory of his wife Tajamulli Begum with his own money. The work of the monument took a break as he is running out of money and he refused to seek governments help.

Faizul Hasan Quadri, a retired government official in a village in Bulandshahr of Uttar Pradesh is building a scaled-down replica of the historic Taj Mahal in memory of his wife Tajammuli Begum. Quadri has sold a piece of his farmland, his wife's jewellery and used up his life's savings to meet the spiralling cost of construction. (HT Photo/Burhaan Kinu)

5. Shooter Dadi

The point that vision decreases as age increases doesn’t hold true in the case of an Indian woman in her 80s. Dadi Chandro Tomar – the oldest (woman) sharpshooter in the world, is from a village named Johri in the Baghpat district of Uttar Pradesh. She is recognised all over the country as she participated in some TV shows. Further, she is an inspiration to many youngsters, especially girls of her village. Above all, her skill is hereditary – her daughter, Seema won the Rifle and Pistol World Cup in 2010 while her granddaughter Neetu is also an international shooter.

1. Saurabh Bijalwan

Worth reading!

1. Vatsalya Vanapalli

Thank you.

More from Vatsalya Vanapalli

By Abhishek Chaudhary