This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Nazrana Khan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why Is Our Country Still Being Run By ‘Oldies’ Who Only Care About Power?

More from Nazrana Khan

Have you ever wondered why even after 70 years of independence we are still being considered a ‘developing’ country? Or while other countries are ruled by educated and young people, why are we still being ruled by ‘grandpas’ and ‘gramdmas’?

Let me tell you one thing – it is not that India is not developing, it is that ‘we’ don’t want it to develop. This is the time that every youth of our country should realise that we need to overthrow the uneducated ‘oldies’ government (who just care about power and have no idea how to govern the country) and establish a young, educated and smart government. A country with 1 billion population has not produced even one honest government that cares more about people and the country than doing politics based on religion, caste, etc.

The sole reason is, young people who have the potential to rule the country honestly and wisely are either thrown out of politics or they themselves back out (why should I care? There are others to care of country). And if the reason is not both, there comes the third biggest obstacle – parents who can never let their child enter politics (unless of course, if you are from a family with political background).

The politicians divide the country based on religion and create hatred among people of their own country and then we dream of being a developed nation one day. Isn’t it a lovely dream?

Politics and religion differ in every way. Then why include religion in politics? I mean you just cannot say, “Hey vote for me in the name of God, and India will develop instantly.” We elect a leader not to see whether cows are safe or not but to see that the citizens are happy and contented. But who cares? A human life has no value in front of a cow’s life. We can develop hundreds of dating apps but hardly any to see that women are safe. A child is raped just to scare a certain community and the leading political party’s activist come out with banners in support of these rapists. The students of one of most prestigious universities are attacked by goons and police but no action is taken against them. They even stake their lives to get justice but our judiciary never cares.

I mean we live in a secular, sovereign country right? (I suppose I am not wrong). But where is the secularism? This is a country where people have every kind of freedom and rights but when they implement those, in reality, they are just tortured. Hey, you can’t talk against government or else you are doomed but yeah you have ‘Freedom of Speech and Expression’. Really?

I just want to ask –  why you are spreading this religious hatred? Why are you uprooting the peace and harmony of people? Let them celebrate Eid and Diwali together. Let the country be in peace. For God sake, concentrate on developing country rather than doing religious politics. Dear Youngster, it’s you who should rule the country. Fight for everything that is yours. I hope that after a century of India’s Independence, we might call ourselves a developed nation!

More from Nazrana Khan

By Geetika Gaurav

By Megh Mandaliya