This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Nitesh Behani. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

8 Creative Ways To Promote Your Mobile App For Free in 2018

The mobile apps have changed the way we work and do business. The growing trend of mobile apps has created a need for its marketing and promotion since the ultimate aim of the mobile app is to make money and if the app does not reach out to people then there is no sense in investing on it. Your app is a space wholly customizable to their needs.

promote mobile app

It is of no sense to pay advertising money to get customers because the cost of a customer acquisition is never lower than the price of the app.

Here are 8 creative ways to promote and sell your app for free:

1. Create a demo video for your app

A video helps you to introduce all aspects of your app to your customers. Things you should keep in mind while creating a demo video for your app are:

• Create a video which is not too long, approximately 20-30 seconds.
  • Try to focus on “Why, How, What” about the app.

Creating a video is not a task of an individual as the collective mind of many people can bring together more innovative ideas hence it is preferable to involve team for making a demo video for your app. Also, the video should be updated regularly so as to keep the audience engaged.

After you have finished creating a demo video for your app, try to use your social media and other platforms to promote your app. Do not forget to include your demo video in your blog post and Youtube channels. The more you promote your video more people will be interested and aware of your app.

2. Feature the app in an official blog

One of the promotion strategies you can leverage is to include your app on your own website as well as include it in your scheduled blog post. Try to create a new blog post describing the app in the form of the complete story also do not forget to invite the individual to download your app at the end of each blog post.

The blog should be explanatory and should aim at describing the purpose of creation of the app along with screenshot and app links and also a description of the facility it provides for making activities easier for the users. This will encourage the customers and the audience to download your app and will show your level of involvement in it.

3. Reach out to press

To reach more people, get your story published. Press is the best ways to kick-start your startup, and the best way to get it is to manually reach out to journalists. You should have everything that a journalist should need before you reach to them.

It must include your app summary guide which includes what your app is, how beneficial it is and why you developed it. Screenshots which include app screenshots and app flow pictures as much as possible. Since your media kit will reach many journalists, it would be boring for people to see same images everywhere. Your portfolio should be designed in such a way that it includes all logo sizes, icon sizes, banners as much as possible.

4. Build a microsite

Together with an app demo video, it is important to leverage a website for your app. It can be a one-page website or a pop up in case you want to add it to your existing site. One of the important things here is to add content explaining the features and benefits of your app and links going to your app rather than being a separate website or a part of existing website.

If you haven’t launched your app yet, you can collect email addresses of people who are interested in getting alerts when you launch your app. This will help you to target more audience at a time.

5. Feature the app in your email

Your new app needs to be engraved on every aspect of your marketing, which includes all of your emails. As a business, you will send out countless emails and send your app notification in these emails is a good opportunity.

Try to include a footer in your emails containing the link to download page or put some catchy lines for promoting your app.

6. Optimize your app – ASO

ASO is the sum of strategies to rank higher in app stores. From app name to app pricing, it includes in it. Just like SEO, it analyzes keyword relevance. From the app point of view, it also focuses on review and ratings.

So if your app is highly optimized there are more chances of users adopting it due to its good ranking in app stores.

7. SEO matters

Search engine optimization is also important apart from ASO, you should try to bring your app in the top entries when any random user tries to search for the related queries.

Your app URL should pop on the top so that users prefer it over others as no one is patient enough to go to 5-10 entries down the search page. To have a good ranking use SEO tools or simply try to research on the top keywords for improving your ranking.

8. Apply for awards

App awards are one of the most preferred channels for the app promotion as you get the right kind of exposure in such events. App award sites such as Appy awards, Appster awards can be good to start with if one is new in this business.

These were some of the ways of promoting the application without any investment and huge cost so that you do not spend much on app promotion and still get returns.

And it’s challenging for startups to get ahead of well-established companies in the app development world. But there are still many ways by which you can get ahead with your new mobile app and it solely depends on your innovative thinking to market your app.

More from Nitesh Behani

By Priyaranjan Kumar

By vigorpopg

By vigorpopg