This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by raj kosaraju. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

‘There Is Never A Time In A Child’s Life When They Don’t Crave A Father’s Love’

More from raj kosaraju

My father was a scientist and was educated at the University of Liverpool, England. He was a happy-go-lucky man, a wonderful person to know, and was generous to the core. Over the years, he helped quite a number of Indian students with no monetary support, by sponsoring their education. He was a good swimmer as well as an outstanding chess player and won the Open All England Chess Championship in 1958. He was also excellent in boat sailing and yachting.

In his early days, he removed his last name to drop the higher caste privileges that come with it.

One thing I’ve discovered is that, more than anything else, and no matter the kind of father you have there is never a time in a child’s life when they don’t crave a father’s love.

My father and I.

You may not be able to spend much time with your child because of chasing the ‘just a little bit more’ syndrome, overworking nature, value systems, marital adjustments, excessive travel, or whatever the case may be, but I think the number one way to be a better father is to make sure that in every single interaction you have with your child, you are assuring them of your love. Maybe it’s just an email, SMS or text once a day if you’re not able to see them in person, but they need to lay their head on the pillow every night assured and confident in their father’s love. Learning when to move and when to stand is the greatest challenge for a parent.

If you’re a computer professional be the best computer professional you can be. If you’re a blue-collar or a white-collar worker, be the best worker you can be. Do whatever you do to the utmost, using the gifts God has given you to make an impact for His name! Many people believe that if they don’t have a prominent career or make loads of money, they have the right to do their work halfheartedly. But the truth is that wherever God has us, we’re to do the very best with the abilities He’s given us.

John D. Rockefeller was America’s first billionaire, a goal he attained in the early 1900s. At the peak of his wealth, at age 74, he was worth more than $300 billion in current dollar value. (Today’s richest persons have wealth approaching $100 billion). On one occasion a reporter asked Mr Rockefeller, “How much money is enough?” He is said to have replied, “Just a little bit more.”

Child psychologist Wade F. Horn considered himself an expert on what made a good father. But when doctors diagnosed him with cancer and told him that he had about six years to live, he realised with a jolt that he was closer to primary school than university in his level of expertise as a dad. He said, “It became clear to me in a personal way that if I were to have died because of that illness, my unfinished business would not have been my clinical practice…My unfinished business would have been my two little girls, who every morning when I was recuperating, would come and give me a kiss goodbye. Fortunately (or unfortunately) most dads will never get a wake-up call of this nature. But if you’ve been neglecting your kids, a wake-up call is exactly what you need.”

No one likes feelings of inadequacy, but they are something we must learn to handle, as none of us can avoid them permanently. For others, the problem stems from a lack of success related to work, relationships, marriage, parenting, or any number of things. Some never knew their earthly fathers, some had abusive fathers, some were deserted by their fathers, some had re-married, some went off not leaving without any trace, some had loving and endearing fathers, and some lost their fathers because of sickness or catastrophe. We’ve seen tragedies unfold, celebrities succumb to depression, and our hearts have broken for the loss of those brilliant and creative people,

Irrespective of things going around the world, a father should be someone who loves you, cares for your every need, is interested in all you do, skillfully guides you, wisely trains you, never deserts you, generously supplies for your needs, is always available to you.

More from raj kosaraju

By Abhishek Chaudhary